FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The depression is winning need help

Purple__Butterfly
Community Member

I feel like my depression is winning. I don't see the point in life anymore and I feel like a massive burden on people. my parents are having money issues and it doesn't help they have to keep buying my medication. I don't know what to do anymore, It's like I'm falling down this black hole that seems to never end or a tunnel with no light at the end of it. I'm so lost. I have no motivation for anything anymore. I have a case worker but nothing is working.

Has anyone been in this position and found a way out?

18 Replies 18

Sophie_M
Hi Purple_ Butterfly, 

Welcome to the forums and hope that you find much comfort within this very supportive and caring community. We're sorry that you your depression has placed a very heavy burden on you and that you think you are a burden on others. Financial issues can be a massive pressure for any family and yes it can be difficult when there are necessities that are required. It must be very difficult to be receiving support from a case worker and things do not seem to change. We have contacted you privately to offer you support. Please get back to us so that we can support you.

There are also other services that you can utilize such as Kids Helpline. They are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under. 

If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals. 

You are not alone and we are here to help you. It would be our pleasure to support you during your hard times. 

blueblonde
Community Member
Hey Purple_Butterfly,

I am so sorry to see that you are going through this, it is an extremely understandable (and relatable) thing to experience.

I really hope that this helps, but when I feel the same way, I go back and remember all of the times that I didn't think I was going to make it through, and then did. I believe that every curse has a gift (and vice versa), I believe that depression is the curse that comes with the gift of high empathy, a gift I would never want to give up for anything. I don't know if you feel the same way, but I hope that it's a perspective that was worth sharing while you are having such a terrible time and that it makes some part of it make some sense.

It is a very difficult world to navigate a lot of the time, I hope that the depression loses the battle and that your experiences help you to move through your life and that you are able to help others to also.

Thinking of you and hoping for the best for you x

Here2Talk
Community Member

Hi Purple Butterfly,

Im so sorry to hear you are having depression problems. How old are you? Have you thought about/tried talk therapy with a psychologist?

Cee123
Community Member
I'm in that position at the moment, and I feel you. I'm probably older than you as well. But please don't feel like a burden. You can't help this. I know what you're going through - no one chooses this.

I have had so much therapy. I'm involved with mental health service unit. I'm young too.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Purple Butterfly,

So sorry you are feeling this way……. Your parents love you please don’t feel unhappy that they are buying you medication I’m sure that they want to see you well…..

Is there a way out? From my experience YES….. I had severe anxiety OCD I have now recovered from this condition 4 years going strong……. I was in the grips of this condition for many years…… my condition felt like a marathon but it was a marathon I won! Never stop believing that you can recover, tell yourself positive things about yourself every day, build yourself a positive mindset….. try to look for the best in everything……. Be positive, before you go to sleep at night start building your sub conscious by telling yourself positive things about yourself…

I know our conditions are different but if I can recover there is hope you can too…

here to chat

I’m so sorry that you’ve had lots of therapy and the depression is winning.. There’s just so many things that contribute to depression. You are young; that is a good thing - it gives you time.. Are there any things in life that you have found meaningful or enjoyable at some point.

what kinds of things have you discussed in therapy? I understand if you don’t want to discuss, or if it’s too much of a burden.

Love and best wishes to you, we are here for you through your suffering...

there use to be so many things I found enjoyable, nothing makes me happy anymore. I don't even know what that word means. we have discussed so many things. from triggers to family side of things. Certain people sometimes bring me joy at times but even then I just feel like this burden on them. I'm in this never ending cycle of self harm so my fiends worry and then the burden thing happens again same with my case worker.

Hi Purple_ Butterfly,

It must be so difficult to not find enjoyment in things that you once did. Being in a cycle of self harm can really take a toll on a person and we would like to offer you support. We have contacted you privately about this. 

You can also contact Kids Helpline. They are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under.  Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).  There is also Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals. 

You are not alone and we are here to help you.