FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Not worth it

chaoscontrol
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I am sinking into depression, I have been suicidal before. I am in love with someone I cannot have and everything is just getting worse. Just need to talk to someone who would understand me

beyondblue's clinically-trained moderators often work offline (invisible to you) on issues relating to suicide or self-harm. At the same time, general supportive comments from the community are encouraged. If you have concerns around suicide or self-harm, please phone our support service on 1300 22 4636.
3 Replies 3

Chloekat84
Community Member

Hello chaoscontrol.

I know how u feel with sinking into depression I have it and sometimes it gets really bad I cant stop crying, I don't know what brings it on but I have trouble stopping it. I have Borderline personality disorder and dysthymia which is a type of depression so I understand. Im here if u want to open up more and talk. Everyone on these forums are really nice I find. Take care x

Magyarok
Community Member

Hi chaoscontrol,

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way.  Love is a very powerful emotion, it can be exilerating or it can very easily drive us to the depths of depression if there are barriers.  I've been there before, several times i think most of us have and it feels like the end of the world.  It's only human to feel this way. 

Therefore there are plenty of people here who can relate to you and understand you.  You are definitely not alone.  Please feel free to elaborate if you feel comfortable in doing so.

I wish you the very best and take care

Dave

Thanks Chloe & Dave,

Your comments are much appreciated. I think I am struggling for many reasons. I was with her for 8 years and its complicated to explain. I think I feel a sense of loss even though she is very much a part of my life. Not only that, I don't think I was ever worth her or anyone. And to add to it, my abuse that happened for 8 years is now what is fresh in my mind again. Some days I am a mirror image of my abuser. I have been emotionally abusive. I don't know just sounds so stupid when I talk about it online. I hope you guys are dealing with things well. I am a good listener 🙂