FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

need help & guidance

heyguys
Community Member

hey guys !! need help have tried physcologist  who was hopeless i always did the talking & repeat my story every visit ! no success on medications don’t work , had very traumatic childhood was physically abused as a kid till a teen then bullied severely at school  & other  very bad events happened to me glad to be alive but don’t feel alive haven’t for about 12 years ! very stressed & depressed struggle to sleep or relax. constantly fighting my own thoughts & mind that doesn’t stop im

so over it , i just want to be happy , currently not working due to injury can’t do much i think im at the worse point of my life considering i’ve been abused by family members used by others for help & money etc .. lost most of my friends as they are not true friends , i suffer from ptsd depression & anxiety  im struggling to hang in their and think sometimes the world would be better off without me !all i want to do is help & feed homeless animals & humans and i think they are the only reason im still here ,im all alone i’ve got my dog but he can’t talk back , his my best mate .

7 Replies 7

Sophie_M
Dear heyguys,

We are grateful that you found the courage to post about your hurt and isolation in our forums. As a supportive community, we strive to do what we can to support you.

We understand that you experienced a difficult childhood, and you are now finding comfort in helping animals. It can be quite rewarding as most of the animals don't judge us.

Fortunately, we understand that psychs use different approaches. If one doesn't help, changing to a different psych will often give quite a different response. Several of our wonderful members have discussed how they tried several psychs before finding someone who they felt they could trust.

Whilst going through this journey of finding someone who you might feel comfortable with, we would like to encourage you to call our lovely team of mental health support professionals on 1300 22 4636, or Lifeline on 13 1114. Both services are available 24 hours per day, every day of the year.

Please try to remember that we are always here to support you.

Warm regards,

Sophie M.

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi there

You sound like such an incredibly strong and sensitive person. When I say 'sensitive' what I mean is you're someone who's able to sense so much. My heart goes out to you as you've faced so many depressing people in your life while feeling or sensing their impact. To face that many depressing people and still be here looking for the best way forward speaks volumes when it comes to your nature. You're a truly amazing person.

You're obviously 'a feeler' or 'a sensitive' based on a desire to make a positive difference to people and animals. You want them to feel the difference you can make to them. Unfeeling or insensitive people simply don't possess such a nature. You're obviously highly conscious too, otherwise you'd be ignoring your call to make such a difference to so many. You're exactly the kind of person this world needs, the kind of person who brings light to others or holds the light for them when they can't manage to do this for themselves. I suppose one question could be 'Who, now, can raise you to be who you were born to be?'. Could a foot in the door, opening up to a whole new world, involve inquiring into animal shelters, for a start? Could it actually involve something that's self serving in a significant positively mind altering way? Not saying it's the way to go but if you could imagine group therapy for survivors of childhood abuse, for example, could you end up being the light in a group that's helping you at the same time? 

Seriously outside the square...brace yourself...could you be a natural born animal whisperer. While such a thing gets a bit of a woo woo wrap, it's not all that woo woo. Takes a sensitive person to be able to easily sense the non verbal communication of an animal. I'm sure you've mastered this with your best mate. I imagine you know what he's thinking or how he's vibing to some degree. I bet he knows you pretty well too, including when you're really down. Even if it's just for fun, try googling the traits and requirements for 'dog whisperer'. You might find if you have this amazing nature (being able to easily read and communicate with animals) this would serve you well on a resume, if you wanted to explore being of service to animals.

I do believe you were born to be a light for others.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello heyguys, if you have a good psychologist you shouldn't have to keep repeating yourself but in everybody who is suffering there is always some good in them as it is there with you.

Sometimes you have to block these people who have and are giving you a difficult time, these people are only out to benefit from you, rather than helping you.

It's amazing how the people who we thought were our friend, suddenly disappear when the going gets tough, whether they don't know how to handle the situation or have been through it themselves and don't want to help you is unknown, but you will meet other people along the way.

It's been very traumatic for you since childhood, but now you have discovered other talents which you should be very proud of partaking in and need to try concentrate on these rather than what other people are doing against your wishes.

If you could place this in your search bar 'intrusive thoughts' then please read what the many people have said and then please get back to us.

Geoff.

Life Member.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear heyguys, a warm welcome to the forums. 

Hey no way would the world be better off without you! 
NO WAY. 
Our world NEEDS people just like you. A kind and loving heart, what we need more than ever. 

Give your dog a hug from Aunty EM. What a lucky boy he is! 

If all you want to do is feed homeless animals and people then do it. 
There are ways you can! 
If this makes your heart sing and full then this is your passion and your calling. 

Yep some MH professionals aren't worth the visits. Some ARE. Only as far as we put their suggestions in place really. 

Anxiety needs GROUNDING exercises. 
PTSD needs so much but you can do it, I know you can. 
Depression needs care too. 

Are there any Men's Sheds near you? 
I'd join one in a heart beat if I could. 

How are you doing today? 
Love EM

heyguys
Community Member

thankyou sophie 🙏🏻

thankyou so much 🙏🏻 yes i’ve been through so much all i want to do is help homeless people & animals i love animals so much i can’t do any charity work at the moment as i just had major spinal surgery but hopefully once i recover i will be doing my work again ,i’ve given most of my life savings to not for profit charity’s & bought food for many homeless people & their animals 

heyguys
Community Member

hi geoff i did and so many things came up i don’t know how to control it’s said me insane my mind is going 100 miles an hour