FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling lost

Sondera
Community Member

Hi there,

I am new to this forum.

I don't know where to start. Recently I have been overwhelmed by depression and anxiety. I have just come out of a very stressful job into a new job. Even though this job is much less demanding, I'm having a very hard time adjusting. I'm not feeling myself. I feel so empty and alone. I feel like I have no one to turn to, and that even if I did, no one would care. I feel alone around friends and family, and even when I am with my partner. I can't talk to anyone. At the start of the year I was so happy, and had so many things to look forward to. Now I feel like everything is an effort and there is no point in even leaving my room. I don't recognise myself anymore and it scares me.

How do you cope with these feelings when they get too much?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Soberlicious96
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear Sondera,

Welcome to Beyond Blue and well done for reaching out in what sounds like a difficult time for you.

You mentioned that you feel quite alone, even while around family, friends and your partner. I would like to ask if you have actually mentioned how to feel, out loud, to your friends or family or partner? I say that because sometimes we humans can be our own worst enemies. I/We sometimes think that the people who surround us should know how we are feeling without having to say it out loud ...... but at the same time I/we can be great at putting on a mask and pretending that it's all okay.

Plans don't always go the way we think they could or should, and this can be really disappointing, especially when it comes to our working life.

Maybe you could talk to your doctor, and/or a counselor about what is happening for you? Or maybe even just a vitamin boost of some sort might help?

Either way, I do hope you start to feel better soon. Feel free to keep posting here for as long as you need to, and take care. Change takes time to adjust to, be it a well-planned change or not. Perhaps allowing yourself some grieving space for the changes that have occurred might help?

Anyway, that's all I got. Hope it helped at least a little. Take care. xo

Thank you Soberlicious96 for the reply. I really appreciate it.

I have spoken to my partner and family about how I feel. I think I do put on mask, especially at work.

It's been hard moving to this job, my other job was quite social and I spoke to a lot of people all day. In this new job I hardly talk to anyone. Although I was really stressed out in my old job, I liked the social aspect of it. I don't have a big social life and my partner doesn't really put an effort into going out or doing things with me. I feel myself drifting away from him sometimes, I'm not really sure if I want to be with him anymore. So this job filled that part of my life and now that it's gone I feel isolated.

I am thinking about going to see someone but I guess I am afraid to confront how I feel, and how that may change my life.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Rose_Lee_91
Community Member

Hi everyone I am new to the form

I am going though a really hard situation and can't seam to get myself it I have so much dout about everything I had really ban anxiet. So my partner Nd be together for nearly 2 years his now in prison and feeling so lost as his my main support any advice how push though or anyone been though simallr situation thanks