FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Bullying

Beebee
Community Member

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to reach out Into this forum in the hope of meeting other people that might have been through similar to me or who might actually understand what I’ve been through. 
I was bullied at school (a girls school) which led to anxiety and depression from my teens where I would dread going to school and feel like I didn’t want to live. I had a group of friends that would witness my bullying and would never stand up for me they would always say they wanted to be friends with the people who I felt like tortured me on a daily basis. I then left school and had a partner cheat on me and those same friends told me they all wanted to stay friends with him. That group of friends began to shut me out invite me to parties and not speak to me. Also a video was posted on Facebook of them calling me horrible names. Then at my second year of university one main girl created a Facebook group stating how she wanted us all to be friends and move forward and as soon as I replied they all blanked me! I became really depressed but didn’t realise I was depressed, drinking a lot until I blacked out but just acting as if it was normal because I was young and it was what everyone does. I then moved away to university and I suffered at the hands of girls again, dismissing me or being horrible for no apparent reason and I continued in my depression. During my second year at university those friends that I went travelling and began to move forward also with recent help from a counsellor. 
Then I met my current partner but he was  fully attached to the same group of friends from school that were never there for me more so the boys. Last year two of my partners friends were getting married in which I felt like I had no choice to go to the weddings with him. My partner didn’t take seriously what I have previously been through and I felt like I had no choice. The girl that made the Facebook group whilst at uni was going to be there. The fear in me was real I felt like attending those weddings was causing me PTSD. I was travelling before both and I spent a lot of the time talking about the weddings in which I now realise was complete fear that I was not able to understand or explain. The final wedding was horrific, that girl had basically created a gang of grown adult women against me and I felt completely traumatised leaving on my own. This second experience of bullying as an adult has completely broken me. Has anyone had similar or can understand or relate to my experience?

12 Replies 12

Beebee
Community Member

Thank you SBella, I appreciate you time in reaching out to me when I was struggling! 

Thanks a lot for your kind words and support 

Earth Girl, I really do appreciate you reaching out to me and being so honest about your experiences! 

Thanks a lot for your support and kind words! I hope everything works out for you in the future and just to say that I’ve recently had to push myself outside my comfort zone to meet friends safely through groups and hobbies and I have met some really lovely kind people which has changed how I feel. Not everyone will always treat you the same, especially if you start from scratch and treat them well, although some people will just never changed. 
I would say give people a chance and make your own decisions and choices if you don’t feel it or they don’t feel like the right people don’t waste time. 

good luck with everything! Take care of yourself! 

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Beebee, of course! Anytime. How are you feeling now about everything, has the situation improved for you?

SB