FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Quotes that I like

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I couldn't think of a more creative name for this thread so I kept it simple. I love coming across quotes that make me feel good or make me think about a situation in a different light. I have a "little book of confidence" that I used to carry in my handbag for when i needed it and I have a few other little books with quotes that I reflect on now and then

I thought it would be good to share some and encourage others to do the same.

For starters I have:

If you want to know someone's mind, listen to their words. If you want to know their heart, watch their actions.

People are not addicted to alcohol or drugs, they are addicted to escaping reality.

cmf x

1,019 Replies 1,019

Community Member

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

This one always makes me laugh

About as useful as a one legged man in a ass kicking contest.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Keep the ones who heard you when you never said a word.

gld
Community Member
The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.Mark Twain

gld
Community Member
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.Mark Twain,

Livinia09
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I love this topic! I save quotes for me to read later when I need something to keep me going. My top three favourites at the moment are:

"The bravest thing I ever did, was continuing my life when I wanted to die" ~ Juliette Lewis.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we've planned, to have the life that is waiting for us" ~ Joseph Campbell.

"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it" ~ Jean de La Fontaine.

Liv x

V17
Community Member
Hi Livinia, great quotes! I can see why they resonated with you.

"There is and never will be anyone quite like you. You are unique, can't be imitated or replaced if you cease to exist. This uniqueness alone means you are valuable, a precious "one of" never to be replicated." ~ Starwolf.

sagelovet
Community Member
"Don't give up what you want most for what you want now."

Hi Liv,

I LOVE the 1st quote!

Thank you for:

The bravest thing I ever did, was continuing my life when I wanted to die" ~ Juliette Lewis.

Liv, if that reflects your current state of mind then you are indeed very brave.

Dottie x

Community Member
When a storm is coming, all other birds seek shelter. The Eagle alone avoids the storm by flying above it. So, in the storm of life....may your heart soar like an Eagle.

Just Sara
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hope Springs Eternal...

I've written this on every post I've done today. I'm in a heart inspired mood and want so much to pass on the love I feel. When I'm like this, hope is eternal...like beautiful peaceful music caught in a loop. Don't want to get off this round-a-bout.

Sara xoxo