FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Quotes that I like

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I couldn't think of a more creative name for this thread so I kept it simple. I love coming across quotes that make me feel good or make me think about a situation in a different light. I have a "little book of confidence" that I used to carry in my handbag for when i needed it and I have a few other little books with quotes that I reflect on now and then

I thought it would be good to share some and encourage others to do the same.

For starters I have:

If you want to know someone's mind, listen to their words. If you want to know their heart, watch their actions.

People are not addicted to alcohol or drugs, they are addicted to escaping reality.

cmf x

1,017 Replies 1,017

Guest_322
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks Can't Move Forward, I LOVE your 2nd quote:

The ones who notice the storms in your eyes, the silence in your voice and the heaviness in your heart are the ones you need to let in

Grok, I really like your words too! Sad but beautiful.

brokenness can become beauty

Dottie x

Life is an endless struggle, full of frustrations and challenges. But eventually you find a hairstylist you like.
Barbara Johnson

Community Member
"The mighty Oak was once a tiny nut that stood its ground"

SubduedBlues
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

There is nothing so unequal as the equal treatment of unequals

When you come to edge of all the light that you have, and must take the first step into the darkness of the unknown, you must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for you to stand upon, or you will be taught how to fly.

Patrick Overton

gld
Community Member

Hi,

Love this post as it has made me read some pearlers, but these three are stayers for me at the moment.

Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.Robert H. Schuller

It always seems impossible until it's done.Nelson Mandela

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain. Joseph Campbell

Thanks for kicking off this post, "Can't Move Forward".

Gen

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

gld, glad you like it. I often comes across quotes or affirmations that really resonate with me. I'm loving a lot of what everyone is sharing.

lets keep it going.

cmf

MsPurple
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I live by this quote, but I have no idea where it originally is from. Mum used to say it to me. Fake it till you make it

I also really like this Dory quote.. Just keep swimming.​

Community Member

"As long as you do not wake up from a dream, you are dream-bound to feel it to be stark reality"

Meher Baba

V17
Community Member
“Cats have it all - admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.” -Rod McKuen