FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,100 Replies 2,100

Moonstruck
Community Member

Hey Croix....I am sure I told you this once before...it was Hayley Mills! (the adoration did not continue into adulthood...I did discover men!! - still it was magic to get to meet and talk with her so many years later)

did you know Cary Grant's real name was Archibald Leach.? And did you know Gregory Peck had a lovely romance with our own June Dally Watkins who has spoken quite often about him?

Marlene Dietrich hey? "falling in love again..what am I to do? Never wanted to...can't help it".......

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

Yes I remember you saying you met here when we were talking about Tiger Bay, also that she was (considerably of course) older than you.

I think if my surname was Leach I"d change it too.

As an aside you were wondering about seeing your ex again. Well friendly contact with a human being is good, though I would not be surprised if the things that made him an ex did not surface again sooner or later. I guess in the meantime enjoy.

Croix

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon et al.~

Yes I'm here, and I'm not too keen on silos in small country towns at the moment, went and saw the Dressmaker, a horrible turn of events.

You quoted from the Desiderata, which I have on my wall, it pretty well sums up a lot of what I aspire to, do you think the same?

In Monty Python you need a fish licence - amazing.

I've been stretched a little thin this last few weeks, nothing bad, just a lot on at work that takes more time than usual.

Anything new on the bowling front? You have been sounding more settled recently, I hope it's true and not just a mask.

Croix

Moonstruck
Community Member

Croix Croix Croix.....

You're back! You're back! Oh joy...Oh Happy Day! Desiderata...now thereby hangs a tale. (if you can bear it) when I was 15 I saw it in a Readers' Digest and thought it was the most wonderful thing I'd ever seen. I typed out a copy on my old manual typewriter and stuck it in a book to keep forever. This was before it became famous and the recitation a hit record with posters appearing all over the place. (I saw it first...ha ha)

Some years later I had just begun a new job in our state capital and away from home for the first time. Feeling quite scared and lonely in the big city, knowing no-one. I was on an escalator (they call them travelators now don't they?) in a big department store when the store played over its system...this poem called Desiderata by Les Crane. The words sounded familiar. I thought "hang on, that's that old thing I have stuck in a book somewhere -" and the rest.. as they say.....I listened to it recently on U Tube - just as powerful as ever.

Yes of course I have it stuck on my bedroom door.....how did you know?

Evilnut
Community Member

Hi Croix's evilnut saying hello hope you are well and felling great. Have had some more Good news I changed doctor recently to a Irena's D r my angle have had a few visits with her first lady DR in 58 years ( makes me sound old ) she is a ray of light in my life working with other professional Dr who is olso new as previously Dr had cancer and in on leave shock horror after 17 years he told me way back when I was under 40 makes me sound younger I like that, I had ADHA both adult and Juvenal spinout. I had just gone back to school to better myself as at the end of third year high school was asked by principal his words

( Wayne it would be better off if you got a job and didn't come back next year ) now if I was principle I would have kicked my own butt I was a bad bad bad boy turned to the dark side at 8 after a horrible expireance. Made lots if bad bad bad choices with how I hung out with was exiting no knowing back then about ADHA. You know the store. It has taken this long to get the wright help I am cool with that as I can live the next journey of my life feeling fantastic ( if like a little joke next time u shop when asked how are you so fantastic which them try to answer you and if I get asked why I say well I have all my arms and legs plus most of my faculties lol how can I not be ) I use this to feel great and spread it around. People want to know how do I get what he has because I want some. Only takes 21 days to start a new habitat (no bull ). So I am looking forward to the rest of my life, had a taste last week for two days and I liked it maybe I am a junky high on life. No I am just A simple evilnut called Wayne. sometimes I get cared away and get lost Orwell have taken up to much of your time.

evilnut out have good nite thanks

Croix I forgot to add.....no I don't wear a mask on here. I had only 2 choices really....to either get on with my life as best as possible with the sadness and grief for my pet still there..(and it is still there) or get lower and lower. As you know I was down so low, the only way was up...(I think someone already said that in a song...oh well). things still trigger that loss...and it's awful, sad, horrible.

On a long main highway I saw a creature over the side of the road that "could" have been him. Traffic was going along so fast I couldn't just on impulse pull over.. It nagged at me all the drive home. I knew it would play on my mind all day once I was home. "Could it have been him, should I have checked?."

when I was able, i did a U turn and drove back more slowly. He was still there and getting a better look saw it was the wrong colour and type anyway. I relate this just to explain how it still affects me deeply. I cry easily.

As for the bowling....God Croix, I can hardly wait to get out there again! I did mention I missed out on the team for a big tournament recently. It broke my heart, all over again. I was hoping to use it to heal from the pet grief. But it wasn't to be. there will be more...and then more after that. I just have to be patient.

Definitely not giving it up now.....its who I am. good to talk with you again....and Hi there EvilNut!

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Evilnut aka Wayne~

Nice to meet you. You sound as old as me:) I'm glad oyu had a couple of good days last week and hope oyu have a whole sea of them in the future. I've not had much experience with lady doctors for my MH issues, always been men GPs, psychiatrists and psychologists, dunno why. I do have a lady GP now, been a couple of years. She is an real asset, though leave the MH stuff to others.

I must have had more than half a dozen school principals, never had them speak to me at all, neither good nor bad I guess, just blended with all the rest.

I try to use this thread to get to know people and also talk about books,sic, movies or whatever strikes people's fancy (except for Moon who makes her own rules:)

So what sort of arts do you like? I love books, and have always read lots, including SF and S Fantasy.

Talk to you soon

Croix

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon~

Life make you raw but we can take it, ah...
I truly know we're gonna make it

(From Otis Clay The Only Way Is Up)

I'm glad it's not a mask and you are a feeling a bit less down, though I know you still are not over your pet - of course not. I've a feeling this up is the new social life, though you should not feel pressured by his wanting everything mapped out, just go with your feelings and "ease on down the road".

I can picture exactly the frustration not being able to stop straight away and having to take time to get back, at least he had not taken off, so you could see he was not yours. Sensible not to jam the brakes on in mid traffic too.

Weekends, well most everybody has the time off, so here is a big expectation it's a social and recreation time, and when you are on the outside it amplifies the feelings of being alone. Hopefully more bowls tournaments will pop up soon.

I still have some virtual Kleenex from the box Dotty123 gave me, so you are welcome anytime.

Croix

Evilnut
Community Member
Hi Croix yep I am trying to put all my soldiers in a row to have the fight of ( for my life ) it been so long coming to feel happiness for so long I think, its been 8 years of some highs followed by massively low low. I use to ride competitive cycling on the road during the early 2000 till 2010 during that time, I would training twice a day were I could 40 kys in morning and maybe 80 after school or work. During this time I was so happy as I didn't have time to think. Time to think yep the.key all my training partner's an race buddy some were in there 70 Ty's all were like minded happy mind is health body. Now I have found that spark again with help of my solders most of I found wright here has been really eye opening to think in three short week's I have had Four happy days like the fonz would say heyyy. I know I have lots of challenge's to come but am getting the tools I need to be the Victoria's and take anybody else along with me. I love to help people up, my trials began in 1968 were I was abused Orwell you have heard the story bad thing's do happen to good people. I am not profoundly have just had more experience with sadness, no just kidding I read lots of self help books about champions that take others with them sports champions even the faulen one's lance Armstrong is a hero to me, yes did he do what they say ? Lance was the most tested athletic on the planet, tall poppy sindrom if you try to get ahead in life someone will try to bring you down. In Lance's case the.French hated him his so called friends that he took with him to the top of world cycling 7 tdf,s Young's world champion at just 21, world embasitor for the fight to find a cure of Cancer how can you put a price on that. Maybe just wanted to be left alone to be normal as had spent most of his life in the stop light. Any way thanks so listening to me we can chat latter cheers evilnut Wayne out 10/4 roger from all three of us lol.

Hi criss Croix;

I want to say sorry for insulting you on the tunes thread the other day. My facetious side came out and let loose. You're not an old fart by any measure of the phrase ok? My bad!

I thank you for those kind words about the lady on the train and her advice. The compliment threw me...wasn't expecting it tbh.

I hope all's well in your neck of the woods; I'm finally on an 'up' day which helps with finding energy to face the bad. Ptsd an' all that; you understand.

Do you like my new kind, green-eyed cat Avatar? She took my breath away when I saw her.

Anyhoo...I've still got a few of Dottie's cyber tissues too. I miss her as I'm sure you do too...gone but not forgotten.

Well wishes...

Sara x