FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A song to express your feelings

lookingforme
Community Member

At this hour, I find myself particularly vulnerable because I am heavily sleep deprived, and my brain can't really process. I have been awake for 21 hours and 12 minutes straight after a string of nights of only a few hours' sleep. I don't feel well, nor do I feel sleepy. So, I am listening to the soundtrack of my life entitled "Walkabouts" and right now, the perfect song to describe what I am feeling (at least the chorus of it) is Madness by Muse. Has anyone ever felt like they could communicate more if they did it through the songs that already exist? I challenge us to have a conversation consisting of song quotes.

So, dedicated to my depression; here I go...

Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad....Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...I, I can't get these memories ooout of my mind, and some kind of maaaadness has started to evolve. Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad... And I, I tried so hard to let you go-ooo, but some kind of maaaadness is swallowing me whole, yeah....Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...I have finally seen the light. And I have finally realized, what you mean....

Ooh oh oh

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Hi everyone, just a reminder that song lyrics are copyrighted material, and we (as in BB) can get into trouble for reproducing them without permission.  If you could just keep to sharing song titles, or one or two lines from the song at most, rather than whole lyrics that would be great - that way we can keep this thread open. ]

1,021 Replies 1,021

ree1610
Community Member

I wanna start by letting you know  this

Because of you my life has a purpose 

you helped me be who I am today 

I see myself in every word you say 

simple plan - this song  saved my life 

Willow Jude
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

“‘Cause it’s tough to be a dreamer when they don’t come true

And you realise no one’s gonna give the world to you”

- Tough to Be a Dreamer, Felix Hagan & The Family 

“Nobody said it was easy

No one ever said it would be this hard”

- The Scientist, Coldplay 

“I think I cried too many times

I just need some more affection

Anything to get me by”

- Anyone, Demi Lovato 

tmas
Community Member

I don't know if it's my favourite song, and it's absolutely tied in with beautiful memories which warp it, but Julie Byrne's 'Sleepwalker' always plucks a particular string.

Of all the roads and the cities that I passed through

and all the eyes I have searched inside

the one sense of permanence that I came to feel

was mine only beneath your gaze

Other than that,

Hozier's 'Run'

Nina Simone's version of 'Sinnerman', 'Don't let me be Misunderstood'

Beyonce 'All Night'

Lauryn Hill's 'To Zion' (so beautiful)

Darondo 'Didn't I'

Minnie Ripperton 'Les Fleurs' (exaltant, that's all I can say)

Florence 'What the water gave me', 'shake it out', 'grace', everything really

Also a Marika Hackman demo only on YouTube called 'The Red Shoes'

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Secret loser - Ozzy

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Janis Joplin certainly expresses my feelings, even back in in 1971 🙂

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends
So, oh, Lord, won't you buy me • • •

-C (who drives an ancient kerosene powered Honda 🚙 😞

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Now a different mood:

Louis Armstrong's version of  The St James Infirmary (with lyrics)

There is a quote about this particular version:

"Louie is the only guy that can make you smile in the middle of one of the saddest songs ever."

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

blind guardian - the bards song

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

A change of mood again

Chocolate Jesus by Tom Waits

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone.

A song came to mind today, one I haven't heard for a long time. I'm not sure who performed it. I think it's from the 1970s, called Drift Away.

It begins: 

Day after day I feel more confused. Still I look for the light in the pouring rain. You know that's a game that I hate to lose. Now I'm feeling the strain. Ain't it a shame? Give me the beat boys & free my soul. I want to get lost in your rock 'n' roll & drift away ...

I'm not sure I'm remembering all these words from the first verse accurately, & I'm less sure of other verses. It struck me how the sentiment of the verses might resonate with many people recently.

mmMekitty

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey kitty,

If you google the song title and the word lyrics you will be able to get the lyrics to the song. For example...

Ozzy Secret loser lyrics

My song...