FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A song to express your feelings

lookingforme
Community Member

At this hour, I find myself particularly vulnerable because I am heavily sleep deprived, and my brain can't really process. I have been awake for 21 hours and 12 minutes straight after a string of nights of only a few hours' sleep. I don't feel well, nor do I feel sleepy. So, I am listening to the soundtrack of my life entitled "Walkabouts" and right now, the perfect song to describe what I am feeling (at least the chorus of it) is Madness by Muse. Has anyone ever felt like they could communicate more if they did it through the songs that already exist? I challenge us to have a conversation consisting of song quotes.

So, dedicated to my depression; here I go...

Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad....Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...I, I can't get these memories ooout of my mind, and some kind of maaaadness has started to evolve. Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad... And I, I tried so hard to let you go-ooo, but some kind of maaaadness is swallowing me whole, yeah....Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-mad mad mad...I have finally seen the light. And I have finally realized, what you mean....

Ooh oh oh

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Hi everyone, just a reminder that song lyrics are copyrighted material, and we (as in BB) can get into trouble for reproducing them without permission.  If you could just keep to sharing song titles, or one or two lines from the song at most, rather than whole lyrics that would be great - that way we can keep this thread open. ]

1,022 Replies 1,022

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello everyone....🤗..

I do like Creedence Clearwater Revival a lot..

I often sit on my front or back veranda and listen to looking out my back door....Maybe one day I’ll see those giants doing cartwheels, or the tambourine and elephants, playing in a band....

Imagination is a wonderful thing to have..

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Imagination is set off by

Ms Fisher's Theme,

a work of post ragtime jazz that conjures up a different and romantic world

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Fire and rain

I’ve seen fire and I’ve seen rain

james Taylor

REM

The One I Love

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sometimes simply the ridiculous is the only way to go

Bohemian Rhapsody | Muppet Music Video | The Muppets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY

Centaured
Community Member
Alleviate by imminence is my jive ATM.

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Tilted by Christine and The Queens

"I'm actually good...can't help it if we're tilted...

I love the word actually in this song.

I'm actually good.... contrary to other opinions...

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Elastic heart by sia ♥

CaramelCrisp
Community Member

Right now a lot of what's on the album Coffee and Ramen is resonating with me. Umami I think is the one I will highlight. I've had more time on my own in the last few months than I probably have in the last two years. Holding on to things that hurt, chasing after that sweet umami.

Some are more hopeful than others, but that there is a thread of hope throughout the album, like things get better. And at the worse parts, you want things to be different.

Yeah, these are the songs I've found myself coming back to in this rough time

use me by Bill Withers