FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Work, anxiety… wanting advice please

Nervybella
Community Member

Hi all

I feel like every time I post here it’s a work related issue for me. I’m starting to see a pattern…

anyway, I started a new job around one month ago now. It’s in a brand new field so all new to me. The company is amazing, it’s a great culture with great people.. the only thing is I don’t know if the role itself is right for me

I’m only touching on the tip of the iceberg with the role as I’m still new but already I feel out of my depth. I can see myself getting burnt out in the future as the job requires some big hours and a lot of work!
I don’t know what to do as I feel like this is the perfect organisation and culture for me to work in, but the role itself perhaps isn’t

I come home and my brain can’t switch off, I’m doubting myself and have lost my appetite due to the anxiety

I’d love some advice as I’m just feeling very confused and my anxiety has been bad lately with thoughts running wild!

best, Bella

23 Replies 23

Well, yesterday was a big day. I ended up having a chat to my manager just expressing how I felt and why I felt the way I do. They were very understanding and nice about it but did tell me to take a day off and think about what I want to do. Ultimately, do you want to leave or not.

after some big talks with my family I decided to resign. This conversation was going to happen at some point and I just had to be honest with myself. I feel a bit odd about it all as I don’t want to leave the people but the job just isn’t what I want and I know I wouldn’t be able to stay longer term

Hi Nervybella,

That's great news. Sounds like you handled it perfectly. I was the same - you have to talk it out with everyone first and then you come to your decision and you just do it. Its funny we find it so scary but 95% of the time they're so understanding.

Yes it is a very big day emotionally isn't it. Do you feel a bit relieved now?

Will you be able to take a bit of a break (even a short one) to unwind and reset?

Congrats to you - I would treat myself with something for sure!

Hey Pumps

yes that’s exactly it! I had to verbalise my thoughts and get input from those who know me best. Once I’d done that it was clear for me.

I certainly feel a bit relieved but nervous at the same time as I don’t have another job lined up. I think I’ll give myself a week to just decompress and then go hard At applying

So good right to have those people in our lives that know us really well can can bring us clarity 🙂 and you can know you made the right decision.

Sound like a good plan, the break gives you more time to think about what you want so you just don't go for any job. I hope something comes up soon for you! Congrats again 🙂