FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Life is so hard right now

Booklover17
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi

Haven’t posted in a while but really struggling. In lockdown, have anxiety, live alone, can’t participate in singles bubble and going through a divorce. Anytime I have a conversation with someone it’s always like “well talk to you later.” I just wish just one person would stop saying this and just talk to me for a bit longer. I fee so lonely right now. It’s not like I can tel my friends/ family how I am feeling - they don’t get it and have not checked in with me at all - they seem to be unaware or don’t want to ask how I am really doing. I just want someone to talk to me.

31 Replies 31

Booklover17
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Hanna,

That is a good rule to have. My friends are long-term ines so I would find that really hard but I think I will do the same. I am not sure about online activities but I will have to look into it.

Thank you, I appreciate it 🙂

Hi Booklover

THanks for your support. It really means a lot.

I feel so grateful for the people that have come back into my life.

It's just difficult to talk about certain things with these families. I'm just so unsure of myself and everything that is happening.

I hope you had a good day today.

Hi Booklover17,

Got ya.

If getting in touch with your long time friends isn't really working atm how would you feel about starting some new friendships? BB is a great start cause all of us here are for a supportive chat. Metal Kitty has joined us and sent some beautiful and kind words. And looks like she is experiencing the same situation as you. It's always great to meet new people even just to remind ourselves that there is always another person who might feel like yourself, understand your feelings and support you through hard times. That's what we are here for.

Have you checked some other portals? Local community FB pages? FB groups of interests? Just sharing some ideas with you. No pressure, though.

Thanks Learn to Fly.

It sure is hard to find support and people who understand what each of us are experiencing.

I hope everyone here is finding that support during this seventh lockdown.

Hi Booklover17

I have just joined up today and reading some posts. Came across your post and completely relate, fining someone to talk to seems to be difficult and especially someone who understands your situation who you can open up to.

Covid restrictions seem to make it even more difficult.

Wonder is there are some support groups that can be joined?

All the best

Goldwing03
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Booklover17

Living alone must be really tough during the pandemic! I think all your feelings are really valid. It's important I think to find ways in which you can take care of yourself. I personally find that reading a nice book, going on walks, and cooking help me be distracted from loneliness a lot.

You could also perhaps consider getting a pet? I think a pet is one of the most wonderful things to have and would really keep you company 🙂

Here if you need to talk!

Hi Metal Kitty and Booklover17,

I admit I have never gone through what you have been experiencing. Still, I like to ensure that troubled souls are heard and responded to, just so you know that some people care about you and your stories.

Take care there.

Thanks so much Learn to Fly.

As a new member of this community, I want to talk, want to reply, want to support others and want to be involved. I know I need help. Finding help is so difficult.

To be acknowledged straight away, honestly, you have no idea how much that means.

How are you doing Booklover??

Hello Metal Kitty,

We are all here for you and to hear to your thoughts, feelings, stories, experiences, should you decide to share them with us. There is no pressure and no judgement, only gentle and kind words of support. Hope you can feel it.

i am really sorry about that.

Just remember, you have the beyond blue community to help you through your hardship. We are always here for you 🙂