FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm having Panic attacks again.

Green grass
Community Member

I am getting my self back to calmness to recover from the panic attacks I seem to get. They could be related to new medical appointments I'm having which brings up the past. It is 2021 I am here living my life now not living the past over again. These appointment will better my life experience and bring me more positive times and vibes.

5 Replies 5

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Green grass...

Your post is so inspiring to other that have anxiety and panic attacks...by sharing your uplifting post..I am very happy for you..that your getting your calmness back..

I have a Counsellor that I talk to and mostly it’s about my past and ways to ground myself if I’m triggered...bringing up the past can be very hard to deal with,,.and we must try to remember as you said lovely Green grass,,,,You/we are here living our life now....not living in the past..very well said...

The past is gone...today each new day is a new day to make happy memories, to enjoy and live it the way we want to......we can’t go back and change things..so better to move ahead the best we can...

Wishing you all the best wishes I can and hope your journey to calmness continues forward each day.,,

Talk here anytime you feel up to it..

My kindest and most caring thoughts..

Grandy..

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hey Green grass, welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about all of this. Do you have a professional you can talk to if you don't mind me asking? But we're all still here for you with kind open arms, no judgement.

Emmen
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear Green grass,

Everyone has moments when they go back to a place they don't wish to return to. Don't be hard on yourself.

These appointments will help, hang in there.

Kindly,
M

Cockroach
Community Member

People always tell us we shouldn't live in the past. I never know how to respond to that.

I am a person who cares. I care about the things I have done. I care about life. I care about the bad things I have lived through. I care about spiritual things. I care about where my life is heading. My choices. My mistakes. And as a person who cares, how can I NOT think about the past?

Sometimes I think people should stop insisting that I forget unforgettable things.

I would prefer they remind me to just keep some hope for the future which is in front of me.

Hey Cockroach, welcome to the forums. I know how you feel, I can relate to what you wrote, I think a lot of people here can.

We're here for you.