FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Dear Anxiety

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

At times I tell my anxiety to stop, go away, leave me alone. I thought it might be good to put it into a post. Feel free to write your own letter. 

Dear anxiety,

I've has enough of you & you need to leave. I am a strong, confident, positive person & you come in & try to take it away. You always pounce when I'm a little vulnerable & you just keep pick, pick, picking at me until my thoughts go round in circles.  Well, you won't win. I know your game & I'm not playing.

Go back into your little hole, you won't get the better of me 

Cmf

36 Replies 36

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Anxiety 

Thanks for dropping on but I really have other things to focus on at the moment. Sorry I don't have time to spend with you. I'll need to ask you to leave please.

Cmf

Annas1
Community Member

Hi CMF,

I noticed your post recently and had a quick sigh for you knowing that your pesky friend had been round again. I hope they've cleared off now and you've regained some peace and ease.

Guess what? My annoying friend has just turned up and is being quite a handful. I had a very broken night of sleep and am feeling pretty depleted today. I know he's around because I'm about to go away and there are things that have to be done to make it all work. But hey, I've done most of them and I'm really happy about the holiday. I reckon he's just remembering previous times when I've been preparing to travel and he set up a raging shin-dig in my head for days at a time. Not this time buddy, party on if you must but a happy time awaits me. My job at the moment is to find a way to be with the angst and frought exhaustion while holding onto a happy future.

Thanks for listening.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Annas1,  always here to listen.  I hope you enjoy your holiday. No doubt your pesky friend has some jealousy that your forging ahead. Well done!

Annas1
Community Member

Thanks CMF. I hadn't thought of a sub-part that might be jealous. Something to consider.

Are your days feeling easier - I hope so.

Will tune in again.

With thanks,

Annas1

I'll tune in again 

21_23
Community Member

Dear Anxiety,  

I need you to leave me alone,  you are stopping me from doing anything,  everything.  I want to be free, I want to laugh again and feel safe in my space. 

I know all the things about why you are here, but I don't need you to the degree that you are here.  You are supposed to protect me but you are stopping me from being able to protect myself.  You are draining me, emptying all of me, leaving nothing, for anyone,  least of all myself.  

Go away anxiety,  you can't help me now. 

Annas1
Community Member

Hello 21_23,

Really sorry you are being harangued by are common foe Anxiety. It is so tiresome - morally and physically - to go through these patches of inner assault. As you say, you know what has precipitated this particular episode, but that is not always enough to alleviate the response in our body and mind.

I recently had the thought that instead of using the powerful protective energy of the anxiety response to punish myself, I need to harness this power to care for myself! Let's flip the paradigm and acknowledge our inner power and imagine focusing on what is most nurturing for our afflicted souls. We can be our own best friends.

Clear the decks of what is not useful to you right now and do some powerful caring for your true self.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello 21_23,

Annas1 has given some sound advice. I hope writing here has helped.

Cmf