FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Dear Anxiety

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

At times I tell my anxiety to stop, go away, leave me alone. I thought it might be good to put it into a post. Feel free to write your own letter. 

Dear anxiety,

I've has enough of you & you need to leave. I am a strong, confident, positive person & you come in & try to take it away. You always pounce when I'm a little vulnerable & you just keep pick, pick, picking at me until my thoughts go round in circles.  Well, you won't win. I know your game & I'm not playing.

Go back into your little hole, you won't get the better of me 

Cmf

33 Replies 33

Annas1
Community Member

Evening Bob,

thanks for your comment - I've been óffline' for a while as I adjust to my travel surrounds. As per below, it's been up and down and the last few days particularly tough. But how lovely this evening to read your thoughtful words. There definitely is goodness and fellow-feelers in this world.

Thanks again,

Annas

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Annas1,

Sending you strength & comfort. 

Cmf 🙏

Annas1
Community Member

Thanks so much CMF 😊 It's great to have others thinking about us and wishing us ever onwards.

The wish is returned to you.

Annas

TLD1968
Community Member

Interesting approach , tell me more.

TLD1968
Community Member

Hi ,

I found it interesting about talking to your anxiety. I guess sometimes we see our anxiety as being outside of us. Something that is an external intrusion. The truth is it is very much a part of us , something connected and internal. Talking with it is an venue I have not considered. Thank you. Tell me more.

TLD1968
Community Member

Hi ,

Thank you for your post ,great words !!

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Anxiety,

I've been feeling good but last night I had a dream that made me wake up not feeling so great. It has caused you to return so of course any little thing is triggering me. It's really annoying & quite an inconvenience.  I feel overwhelmed but I know you'll be on your way soon. I'm looking forward to going to work Monday so my mind will be too busy to have you interfere. For now, get off my shoulder & stop chattering in my ear 

I really don't have time for you.

Cmf

Tanya73
Community Member

Oh anxiety my dear friend,  for the last few weeks you've been visiting  me, after being absent from my life for a while.  

I  know you like to come for a visit,  but it's now time for to pack your stuff and leave. You've out stayed your welcome this time.  

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Anxiety,

Not sure why but you are visiting today. Maybe dis it is dreary & raining? Maybe cos my bank account is running low but I do get paid end of the week. I did clear our old bills & paperwork & came across something triggering.  Anyway, you can move along now. I don't need you chattering my ear or putting things in my mind. I was doing just great so off you go.

Bye bye.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Anxiety,

You always know when to drop in. When I'm tired, have alot going on, have alot on my mind. You visit when I'm feeling mentally weak. Well it won't work. I was just fine & am just fine. You can stop creating your little scenarios in my mind and making them snowball into big things that aren't correct.

So off you go. I don't have time for you.

Bye bye.

Cmf