FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

why can't i be happy?

Orla
Community Member
i want to be happy I'm so sick of feeling sad all the time
3 Replies 3

Guest_5218
Community Member

Hello Orla, and welcome to the BB Forums.

You havent told us much about yourself, and so it is pretty hard to provide you with much advise or support.

Everyone has the right to be happy, and it is exhausting to go through your days constantly sad. But this can change Orla.

You have done a brave thing by coming onto the Forums to seek some help from like minded people. All of us here have depression and/or anxiety related illnesses, so we will understand you.

I hope you have the courage to post again to let us know a bit more about yourself and tell us why you are feeling so sad all the time. The Forums are a very safe and anonymous place in which to discuss your troubles. You do not have to disclose anything that identifies you, unless you chose to do so. The Forums are closely moderated, so you should have no qualms about the safety of opening up a bit about yourself. Keep it general at first if it makes you feel more comfortable. But give us something to work with ........ please!

Sherie xx

White_Rose
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Orla

It's good to meet you. Welcome to Beyond Blue.

It's not a nice feeling when you feel sad all the time. Do you know why you feel sad? What has happened in your life to cause this sadness? Of course there may not be a specific reason. Sometimes we just feel sad for no particular reason.

Can you tell us a little about yourself? We can support you best when we have a little more to go on. Plese write in again and talk some more.

Mary

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Orla,

I too would like to encourage you to share more of how you are feeling and why. It may help you to better understand yourself if you write out your thoughts.

You obviously feel like you needed to tell someone how you are feeling. As mentioned above, this is a very safe and encouraging place to express yourself.

Hope you can find some small way each day to appreciate one thing that will bring you a little happiness, even if it is the warmth of the sun on your face, the smell of a rose or something delicious to eat.

Hope you are able to share more so people can try to help you or even acknowledge how you are feeling.

Cheers for now from Mrs. Dools