FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I overheard the girl I like say she has a soft spot for some other guy when she has shown signs of liking me and its made me down. :(

the_one_1
Community Member

The girl I like told her guy friend that she has a soft spot for another guy. Yet she has shown me signs of liking me and it has made me really down and i'm not sure what to do. I was ready to ask her out tomorrow and hearing that has ended it for me. She has shown signs of interest today of liking me more than friends today but her saying this, i'm not sure anymore. Please help 😞

I was waiting with a few guys from my class for other guys and the girl I like suddenly comes in the middle of the guys and looks at me, doesn't really say anything just looks and then tells everyone where the class is and they replied they are in the room. After she went to the classroom.

She kept on getting up and changing the heating setting for the heater.

She was leaning towards me (I sit behind her)

She asked me if I knew what to do for one of the questions we were doing (asked for help. I think she knew what to do though.) while all the guys were hassling her to give answers.

She turned her head (like she was looking at her guy friend who is on the same row as me). Instead, I could see her eyes almost/kind of glance at me and she looked back to the front (I caught her).

Her friend who sits next to her in class seems to look at me a lot and talks to the girl I like.

At recess, I saw the girl I like in her group of friends, looking/staring at me from a distance.

Her friend who is in her group and is in another one of my classes was looking at me a little during a lesson.

Me and the girl I like are both 18.

5 Replies 5

vip
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hello theone I was doing this when i was 17 actually. Its playing hard to get and its teasing guys to make them go crazy. I look back at 39 and think it actually is quite cruel and you know what i lost the guy i truly loved by doing this he married someone else. I now live with the regret and what might have been. I am married and have 1 child yes i love  my husband but by stuffing up here i really learned my lesson. Please try and just muster up the courage even just pull her aside and ask her quietly when her friends are not around. If she says yes great if she says no you know what you will find the same love again. Dont keey umming and arghhing once you have done it it will be a weight off your shoulders . Its just getting closure here. Please let me know how you go with this I will be crossing my fingers for you and no matter what outcome dont worry it will make you stronger and more confident. Well done also for sharing your story

The_Real_David_Charles
Community Member

Dear the one,

You wrote before about a girl situation.  Did someone say hormones ?

It's great to be young and following every nuance in the opposite sex.     If you feel disappointment is it  because:

a)   You didn't actually talk the girl you liked

b)    You spent so much time observing that you didn't communicate

c)    You don't want to interact for fear of disappointment

d)     You think you will be made fun of

e)     You don't want to get arthritis in your right hand so should ask her out soon

f)      You are happy to sit on the emotional sidelines

g)     Disappointment can lead to depression but you'd probably have to have girl troubles for at least another 5 years first

h)     Watch the latest YouTube animated clip called "Brain Divided" which came online yesterday.  It's about the 3rd listing if you google and takes the anxiety of the first date and puts it in the form of left/right brain with humour and clarity.  It's pretty much what you're going through right now and you'll have an "aha" moment.  Part of an animated short competition between students of animation.  High quality.

Gotta admit you should be fine.  2nd guessing yourself is a good thing.  Plus, if you marry you'll need it to deal with your mother in law.............

Adios, David.

PS  Looking forward to Episode 3 of "Teenage Romance in Geography II".

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear The_one_1, she must be an attractive girl, that everyone wants to talk to her, or to win her as their girlfriend, or that she is the centre of attraction.

From what you have said it seems as though she likes you.

And her comment 'The girl I like told her guy friend that she has a soft spot for another guy' this could be you that she's referring to, and because she always has eye contact with you and looks out for you from a distance means that she wants you to be her boyfriend.

And this person ' Her friend who sits next to her in class seems to look at me a lot and talks to the girl I like', is doing this because as we say 'the 'pecking order', he only wants to take control over you, and frighten you off, but she doesn't want this, she wants to have you.

Go on and ask her out she's probably waiting in haste, and would love to have YOU. Good luck. Geoff.

d_laz
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

think of the saying; "there are plenty of fish in the sea"

I understand you like this girl, you may even love her.

You can go one of two ways in my mind.

1. Speak to her about your feelings towards each other, explain to her that you like her and thought she had the same feelings too

2. wait to see what happens with her and this boy she has a soft spot for. this could make it much harder for you, watching it unfold before your eyes

either way the choice is yours

You need to be pro active with this situation. you were going to ask her out anyway, so just speak to her and see how it goes. The worst se can say is no, if that happens then you go back to just being friends and the friendship will be there.

It will all work out.

Dont  stress

AliRyany
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I would love to help you out! A lot of my friends are into girls or boys and have suffered through waht you suffered through 😞 its awful 😞 I'm happy to provide support if you need it 🙂