FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety anxiety anxiety

Becka1
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Is it just me or does anyone else hate the feeling of anxiety.

I hate it at and even at its worst especialy when I notice different ways when my anxiety is high like loss of appetite when I seem to not or my meals are limited and I either get to the thought of (I prob should eat something) or when I have a meal and eat half of it then don't feel like eating any more but know I prob should.

I just like to share this thought, as this I experience know and then but haven't for awhile untill the last couple of days. And I've forgotten how much I dislike it. However I have factored in other reasions for the cause of my anxiety to happen, knowing that my depression does contribute to my anxiety and vis a versor as well as My PTSD to.

Just wanted to share my thoughts of this at this time and how it's funny how depression, PTSD, anxiety and other mental health factors can all contribute in to one for reasions for each issue (aka depression, anxiety etc) to sky rocket sometimes.

Any how hope your all having a lovely night 🙂

4 Replies 4

TheSteve
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Becka,

Thanks for sharing this with us, it is a really important subject. Anxiety is most uncomfortable - the physical and mental symptoms really change our state of being, as well as our outlook on life both in the moment and looking forward. It is like a dark "lens" is placed over our eyes and things don't seem as bright as they once did.

Oddly, all of the conditions you mention (depression, anxiety etc.) while technically different, have a similar base. Anxiety can cause depression; depression (or just the thought of it) can cause anxiety. Completely linked, like thoughts --> feelings --> behaviours. And so the cycle goes.

It seems you have a handle on it, which is great. Please also try mindfulness when you next feel anxiety coming on. This is the ability to watch, without judgement or fear, the feeling come, stay, and depart. Once you can do this, you'll realize that the anxiety is not "you", that it is temporary, and that you can exercise control over it. Once you can do this, it will lose its grip over you. Please do some homework on mindfulness and see what you can find.

We are here for you anytime. All the best.

Steve

Becka1
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Steve

Thank you for that lovely insight, as I get older and go through stages I'm finding that I tend to learn a little more each time, and am willing to learn more about mental health, so I shall look into mindfulness and try it to see how I go. Thank you for the advice 🙂

TheSteve
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

That is great Becka, I think you'll find a treasure trove of insight as you go down the mindful path. Keep the dialogue going, we are here for you anytime.

Steve

Becka1
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Thanks alot Steve, really appreciate the support, help amd advice I'm getting as it means alot amd knowing that there are others who can relate to.