FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Self Introduction-New memeber

Helen_of_Troy
Community Member

Hello everyone,

Let me introduce myself. Myself Farzana. I am a Registered Nurse, specializing in Dementia and Palliative Care. I graduated in Nursing from ACU, North Sydney. I have worked for nearly nine years in different Aged Care facilities in Sydney and in the countryside of NSW. Currently living in Sydney. Currently, I am out of practice and focusing on my Post Grad study in Public Health specialization in Communicable Disease for my career change, from clinical to the non-clinical sector in Healthcare. Aged Care and Mental Health always remain as my two favorite and most passionate filed of the health sector. In my personal life, I have and have been always prioritizing the importance of Mental Health. I talk about and try to raise self-awareness about the importance of Mental health in between my friends and family. In my personal life, I am a victim of mental abuse twice and self recovered once. For the second time, I am continuing to keep fighting to protect myself against any sort of mental abuse. To help people around the community, I have decided to extend my helping hand to raise awareness and to change the perception about mental abuse, to help people through education how to protect themselves and fight against depression, anxiety, and prevention from suicide.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Helen of Troy, a warm welcome to the forums.

Your expertise would be very much appreciated to all of us and can't thank enough.

Please excuse me as I'm typing on an ipad and waiting for my laptop to activate.

Best wishes.

Geoff

Hey There

Thank you for joining and welcome

So great to have you join the team you have so much knowledge

HH

Banksy92
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Helen of Troy, and a very warm welcome to the forums! It sounds like you've been doing really important work in the community and are working so hard in your studies to make a real difference. How inspiring.

I'm very sorry to hear you've suffered from such abuse and really commend you on your resilience and passion to spread a positive message about MH in your world.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Helen of Troy,

I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

mmMekitty