FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to this forum and don't know which category to post my experience in...

Essgee
Community Member

I've been suffering chronic over thinking and over analysing for over 10 years and need to get it sorted as it's having a devastating effect.

I want to share my experience and hopefully get some advise on it, but don't know which category to post it under - I experience anxiety, panic and depression because of it.

3 Replies 3

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Essgee, I want to thank you for deciding to post your comment, which is of great concern for yourself.

There are a few categories which you post your comment under, however which ever you decide to choose, it doesn't matter you have already done it, and as the post grows then it can be moved on your behave by the Moderators to what category the post is based on.

It's always a brave effort for anyone to actually approach people who you don't know and tell them that there is something wrong and that you need help, so please feel assured that it's anonymous and on this site there are so many people who may have been through exactly the same as what you are experiencing, and that's what is good, because these other people may have learnt on how to overcome these problems.

What you have said is rather interesting and can open the door to various illness's, so please trust us, and we will get back to you. Geoff.

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Essgee,

Welcome and thanks for posting.

There are a number of different people in your situation and it's incredibly common for both anxiety and depression to overlap.  In future, if you'd like to post again - feel free to post in whatever feels right. Often in the anxiety forums there will be posts relating to depression and vice versa.

10 years is a very long time for you to be dealing with so many issues.  I'm glad that you reached out to us.  Do you have a support team? Are you seeing a psychologist?  How can we help you?

Take care,

Essgee
Community Member

Thanks for the reply guys, it's good to know I'm not on my own.

I'll post it on the anxiety forum.