FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Loss of identity, independence and withdrawn

Chunty
Community Member
Hi lovely people. I am experiencing the above title. Im wondering if this is a common feeling. I have chosen to withdraw from outsides,as it is my way of survival. Would like some thoughts and views of others who feel the same way I do. Take care lovely beings. Chunty
67 Replies 67

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Chunty, 😊

Im sorry to hear you are lonely I’m glad you have your precious cat.

I understand it would be difficult for you Chunty having to depend on others……..

Please try to be kind to yourself…… practice some meditation…

Im sorry that some people drain you I understand……. Try to lift yourself up by telling yourself positive things…

Im well thank you Chunty and my family…… thank you 😊

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas 🤶🏻 ❤️🙏🤗

Chunty
Community Member
Hello Petal 22 I just want to wish you a Happy New Year.. There is nothing much for me to say except that my disease has progressed and I cant even tolerate going out anymore. Im seeing the Palliative Care Consultant in February and see what they can do to make me more comfortable. I get tired vrry easily now and just feel like going to bed. So my New Year has been very quiet. So you take care and God,s blessings to you and your family. Chunty🙏🙏

Chunty
Community Member
Hello Therising, I just want to wish you and your family A Happy New Year and all God,s Blessings as well. I havent been going out much as I cant tolerate it anymore. My disease has progressed in the last few weeks and I just feel like resting in bed.Are you on holidays or have you been working? Cant do much anyway with this Covid spreading in SA? You take care. Been thinking of you. God Bless🙏🙏

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Chunty,

Happy new year to you too…..

Im so sorry to hear that your disease has progressed 😢

Thank you for your kind wishes to me…….

I hope your beautiful cat is keeping you company ❤️

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chunty

You are so thoughtful. I also wish you and Merryweather the best for the new year, hoping that life is kind to you under the circumstances. So sorry to hear things have become more challenging over the past few weeks. Take care by resting in bed as much as you feel you need to. Hope you've got a couple of hobbies you can focus on while in bed. Of course, I'm sure Merryweather is good company. Can recall, going back some years, having to choose between my cat and my husband as to who I wanted in the bed more, as my husband's semi allergic to cat fur. Chunty, it was a tough choice but lets just say I'm still married 🙂 Hope I gave you a bit of a smile there.

I've been working throughout the holiday season in the kitchen at the retirement home. Working somewhere where 99% of the staff have an amazing sense of humor makes getting through the challenges of COVID somewhat easier, especially in aged care. I think, while COVID is definitely no laughing matter, you gotta find things to joke about so you don't go completely insane.

Again, all the best 🙂

Chunty
Community Member
Hi Therising, thank you for replying to my post. You seem to be the only person that corresponds withbme. Please dont think Im manipulating you, im just stating fact. You know what I found with humans. They just disappear from your life when you are sick. People that agrred to spend time withbme to give my csrer a break wanted monetary rewards. That goes for my family too..My cat doesnt give affection at all because I cant feed her. I miss my darling persian cats Chantal and Holly. They were such beautiful loving cats that were devoted to me. Im very disappointed with Merryweather, she only comes to me when she wants treats. I got the packet by the reciner.The pallistive care team wont increase my medicstion because Im on maximum dose. Im having aromatherpy massage for anxietty and depression and to help relieve pain. I find its good and thectherapist is a positive person. My carercunfortunstely is very negative in everything and his behaviour and energies affect my symptoms. I know it is a sin to consult a psychic, but I get so desperste. I tried to speak to s friend of mine yesterday and she sounded that she couldntvbe bothered with me. She expexts my carer to drive a long distance to pick her up and bring her back. Now that he hasxrefused to do it, she csnt be bothered. The only long term friend i got is my ex boyfriend in Brisbane. Weve had arguments but he still keeps in touch regulsrly. He is Dutch. Ive got Dutch ancestory myself.. Im sorry I raved on. I needed to get things off my chest.

Chunty
Community Member
Hello again, I'm sorry I had to stop abruptly. My carer was going to give me pain medication. You sound a positive person with good vibes.To be honest between you and me I'm not losing sleep over the COVID 19 as I got nothing to lose. I'm looking for things that make me happy. I give you credit you come across to me as a very caring person with good insight. You would make an excellent Psychologist. I'm seeing the Psychologist tomorrow. I'm going to ask her to hypnotize me to protect me from negative energies. I wish you every happiness and good health this year. All the best and God Bless You 💗🙏🌷💥

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chunty

You're so kind and thoughtful with your words. Such words are so expressive of your feelings and energy. I think this is one of the gifts of being sensitive, the ability to sense or feel each other through words 🙂

If I had a better memory than what I do, I'd consider studying psychology. A few people I know have mentioned this field to me. My daughter studied psychology in years 11 and 12 and last year in her first year of uni. She's recently changed courses to study primary school teaching, by the way. She'll be a great and inspiring leader of children. The amount of info that needs to be retained in the study of psychology is incredibly challenging. I think you need a pretty solid memory in order to study it. You never know, if something leads me to basically develop my memory, I may g on to reconsider 🙂

With the psychic aspect, what comes to mind is 'What would Jesus do?', which is one of the greatest Christian mantras. You could ask 'What would the church say about this?' but, at the end of the day, what Jesus may do (or say) in regard to a particular practice may be very different from the church. I should add, I've come across some pure money making charlatans (with all their tricks of the trade) when it comes to the psychic side of things, yet I've also come across some incredibly genuine people, who have an undeniable connection to being able to see or hear the way forward, regarding divine inspiration. So, while the church may be against employing psychics, perhaps Jesus may say 'Find the person who has the clearest channel to the divine, so that if you can't see and hear clearly at the moment, they can do this for you'. The reason I include the words 'at the moment' is based on the fact there are times where we can see and hear what's naturally inspiring. Keep in mind, inspiration is not always joyful and lighthearted, sometimes we may be inspired to to undertake the incredible mind altering heartbreaking challenge of cutting depressing or stressful people out of our life. Divine inspiration can be deeply challenging.

I can't help but wonder what led you to consider the hypnosis and focusing on protection from negative energies. Could it have been divine inspiration? Chunty, I imagine you already channel the divine, through prayer. Sometimes, the greatest challenge is to ignore what others think about the way in which we receive inspiration 🙂

By the way, with the psychic aspect, I'd advise seeking recommendations from people.