FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Introduction

EmmaClare
Community Member

Hi my name is Emma

I have suffered from Anxiety, depression and anger since I was 17yrs old currently 29.

i have had success with managing my illness over the years through recognition of my triggers and also coping skills I have put in place for myself. Unfortunately all this has changed over the last 3months. I have been diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) which I have been told that due to the hormonal battle taking place in my body will have an effect on my mental illness.

I was always the one helping others, people would come to me about their problems as I am very good at listening, understanding and offer good support. I have always gone the extra mile for other ppl because I truly care, but now the shoe is on the other foot. I find myself confused and unsure how to come. My depression is making me flat and deeply misunderstood by those around me. I am a stay at home mum so it isn’t easy for me to go out and meet new ppl. The support system I did have my friends are no longer around. One told me I was to smothering and the other I lost to drug abuse.

if any of you have the time for a chat and understand what I’m going through I would greatly appreciate it.
thank you love to you all x

3 Replies 3

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Emma

welcome to the forum. Thanks for writing your first post.

I can relate to being there for others but they not being there for me.

hen I was at home with young children I had friends in the same position and we had a book club and would sometimes just meet for a chat. Can you meat people through your local community centre.

I am up for chat. It is hard and I feel for you. I have been accused in the past of being overwhelming when I thought I was helping.

Take care

Quirky

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi EmmaClare

I feel for you so very much, as the last thing you want to hear is that you are facing something that could potentially make your struggle with depression and anxiety worse. You must have found this news pretty depressing. I believe it to be somewhat irresponsible of the person who delivered the news not to give you a plethora of options in the way of empowering your self through this challenge.

I wonder if you've considered any form of natural therapy, including seeing a dietician, as opposed to solely relating to the medical side of things. Even though the changes our bodies go through at certain times of our life don't seem terribly natural, our natural self is amazing on many levels regarding the interaction and potentially positive transformation of all our working systems. By the way, if you're interested in the interactive aspect of self, a great read in my opinion is 'Becoming Supernatural' by Dr Joe Dispenza. It's an incredibly empowering book when it comes to how we tick all 'round. It covers mental health, physical health and energetic health. We live in an exciting age where the message is 'We have the power to change our own DNA'. Finding the information and the people who encourage us to step foot in the the right direction is key to how we evolve.

Take care EmmaClare 🙂

mocha delight
Community Member
Hi emmaclare I may not have kids but you’ve come to a great supportive place so even if I may not be able to completely understand what your going through just know I’m here for you if you ever need to chat plus I’m a great listener and I’ll try to help you in any way I can even if it’s just someone to listen to I’ll try my best 🤗