FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

i have no idea how this words

idkwho
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
hiii guys, im new here. i have literally no idea how this works but i remember a few years back we have some beyond blue volunteers talk at my school... and i realised maybe this would be a good volunteer thing to have written down. i heard this is a safe space to just talk? i need some of that too, it gets a little tiring being the therapist friend when you're the one who needs therapy too lmfao. but yeah, this is all for my first post!
4 Replies 4

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome idkwho to the forum and well done for writing your first post.

You have found out how it works, you write a post and people reply and then you can reply back if you want.

It is a safe nonjudgmental place and you can chat here and we will listen.

I know that feeling where people want to tell you their problems but no one seems to want to hear yours.

You can browse the forum too and see posts that may interest you.

People are ready to listen so if you want to talk more we are here.

Thanks again for making your first post.

Mk2692
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi idkwho,

Welcome to the forums. It is great that you are interested in volunteering here with us. There are plenty of different opportunities available and we are always pleased to see new people join us. This is definitely a safe place to chat about anything you like and you will find a lot of support and services here. We are excited and delighted to have you on board and you will find a lot of support here as a volunteer.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi idkwho,

Wellcome to our forums!

Please chat to us anytime we are here to support you as a community.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Idkwho, and a warm welcome to the site.

It's not easy when you seem to be the therapist for a friend because when you see them, you're not sure how they will be feeling and wonder whether or not they just want a friendly chat, or whether they want your advice about a problem they're trying to cope with, so this puts you on edge because you aren't feeling as though you can provide any help, only because you aren't feeling mentally well yourself.

Therapists, counsellors, doctors, psych's and friends are humans and still prone to get any type of depression, they aren't exempt, no matter how well trained they are, and even if they try and take every precaution possible because this illness has no barriers, so whether you do everything to avoid this from happening, it may not be strong enough.

So we thank you for posting your comment and would really like to hear back from you.

Geoff.