FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I have borderline personality disorder. Needing support from others suffering with the same illness.

KerrieAnn
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm new to this a slightly nervous as I don't want to be judged but I have borderline personality disorder... I am newly. diagnosed so I am still learning about my illness and I am very scared for my life. I often feel very empty and have a lot of fear of abandonment. Can anyone share some light on this disorder or throw some insight. Any help would be a great big help, many thanks!

3 Replies 3

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi KerrieAnne it is great that you have take the step and posting here.It is a great non judgemental place and very safe.
I can imagine getting told you have borderline personality disorder but remember you are still the same person as you were before you were told that.
I don't have it my self but made a friend on hospital who had it.She told me to watch the movie Girl Interrupted as this was about a girl (Winona Ryder)
with this illness and she said it was so much like her.My friend was a very lovely caring person and imagine you are to
Take care,
Mark

Gem17
Community Member

Hi,

I just read your post and I feel like I could have written it. I know your post was from over a year ago, but I was wondering how you're going?

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi KerrieAnn,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry for your challenge, it must be very hard for you. Sorry I don't have lived experience of borderline personality disorder but I believe there must be some friends here who can share their experience.

I just want to say that what you're trying to do - to seek help is absolutely right. And no one here is judgmental. We all understand that our mental illness is just the illness, not ourselves, same to you. So don't worry, the only thing we do here is to listen, encourage and support each other.

Mark