Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.


Community Member


My name is Dave, I'm 34, married with two kids. I have had depression and anxiety since I was an early teen and diagnosed with Bipolar disorder at the age of 24.

I have had extreme highs and lows that thanks to correct medication has been less frequent.

However I still have my bad days with periods of downs that bleed into many aspects of my life.

I'd love to share my experiences over the journey and hopefully find and provide support.


2 Replies 2

Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Dave

Welcome and great to have you with us on the forums too! You are strong by doing so...It takes strength

You have really been through a rough patch since your diagnosis...and are proactive by using the meds to help you live the best life you can despite your circumstances (not to mention any counseling involved as well)

We would love to hear about your experiences as they can help so many people. The bulk of the 'hits' to the forums (circa 70%) are people that choose to read the forums for their own well being/recovery....The other 30% are people that choose to post like you and many others

The forums are a very supportive, non judgemental and safe place for you (and me) to post. Your privacy is paramount

I have had chronic anxiety disorder since 1983 when I was 23 followed by depression and joined the forums in January 2016 after being made redundant. I take meds daily for my long term anxiety issues. The support I have received has been wonderful both from the members on the forums and the moderation team as well

There are many gentle people that can be here for you Dave

If you choose to be a part of the Beyond Blue forums you are more than welcome...There are no high expectations on the forums. You can post when you feel like it or if you wish answer any members posts that you feel comfortable supporting

Im Paul....good to meet you Dave...any questions are welcome 🙂

my kind thoughts

Community Member

Hi Dave

I'm about the same age, and started to have my anxiety problems in my teens also.

I'd definitely like to hear (well, read) about your experiences you'd like to share.