FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

First post

Shelley08
Community Member
Hi, this is the first time I have ever been on any kind of forum. I decided to join because I did a Google search about anxiety over a new job and found some really helpful and relevant comments. How do I get back to that forum, I'm not sure what it was called. I have Bi-Polar, OCD, and very bad anxiety, but generally pretty high functioning. Really struggling to keep my anxiety under control in a new job though and looking to hear from the experiences of others and share experiences.
3 Replies 3

Soberlicious96
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear Shelley,

Welcome to Beyond Blue and well done for reaching out.

Also, congratulations on starting a new job! It certainly can be a bit scary starting out in a new job, because you don't really know the people, or what the 'dynamics' are in that workplace. It takes time to get to know you co-workers. Just as it takes time for them to get to know you. One thing that helps me to feel a little more 'comfortable' (for want of a better word?) is knowing that they don't really know me either. Just take it one day at a time.

As for the forum you found via your google search, I suggest you go back in your browsing history. As long as you haven't deleted your browsing history, then it should still be in there! If you are using Mozilla Firefox, like me, then at the top in the menu (where it says 'file' 'Edit' 'View' etc.) there's a menu option that says 'History'.

In the meantime, you are welcome here as much as you like! Take care. I'll be thinking of you. xo

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Shelley08,

too welcome you the forum and well done for starting your own thread.

Soberlicious gave you a helpful and supportive reply.

I have bipolar . There is a thread called this bipolar life which you may like to have a look at and also just browsing through different topics that may interest you.

A new job often has its challenges as well as benefits.

Thanks again for writing your post.

Quirky

JimmyRecard347
Community Member

Heya Shelley08

If you ever make it back on here after your google search... I hope you add to all our stories involving anxiety and so on 🙂