FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello

wakewoke
Community Member

Hello, Im new here.

Would like to talk about my own issues and such, maybe get advice on life and living for my issues.

5 Replies 5

White_Rose
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear wakewoke

Welcome to the forum. This is a caring community with experience in the many facets of mental ill health.

Your post would reach more people if you started a new thread in on of the forums. e.g. depression, PTSD, suicidal thoughts, young people. Have a look through the forums and decide which one matches the issues you want to discuss. Read some of the threads and perhaps join in the conversation.

Then when you have made your choice start a new thread and tell us about yourself. That way you will have all replies in one place rather than the need to hunt through the orientation forum.

I look forward to hearing more about you.

Mary

Okay, do i post here when i see the appropriate forum or what?

Go to the first forums page and read the list of forums. You may want to read a few to see what others have written. Select the forum that best reflects your situation and start a new thread in the same way you started this thread, except of course it will be in a different forum.

Once you have written your first post in the new thread you may want to add a note to your original thread in Orientation to say you are now writing in ........... forum. That way responders can address your specific topic.

Mary

I tried to make a thread on one but the thread never appeared.

it was about support and moving out, did i post on the wrong forum? what would be the appropriate forum

Hey wakewoke, 
Its Sophie_M here from the moderation team. 
It appears your thread didn't post. If you're having trouble starting a new thread we would recommend checking out the FAQ's here: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/welcome-and-orientation/the-forum-faq-thread...

How do I start a new thread?
At the top of each section is a blue "new thread" button. Clicking on this will open a dialog box for you to start a new thread.  You need to be registered as a member and logged in to see this button and post.  You can start new threads in any section, except for the Long Term Support Over The Journey section, where the new thread button has been disabled.  Please also read through our tips for writing threads here.