FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello-feeling isolate and cabin Fever

SnowyRiver
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I work at an Aged Care Facility in the Central Coast as an Occupational Therapist. I've had anxiety and depression since 2014. All my family and friends are down in Sydney. So with the current lockdown I'm feel very isolated and alone. I'm joining here in the hope that chatting with people going through the same situation will help me. I also hope I can help others as well

2 Replies 2

Miz
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Snowy River,

I'm so sorry you've been feeling like this, it sounds like you are having a super tough time. Thanks for posting - you are so welcome here for a chat and we love to hear from you!

If you ever need to talk to someone feel free to reach out to lifeline: 13 11 14. They love to hear from people in lockdown and can be really helpful for a chat. At the moment, most of us are feeling super isolated so it's really fair if you want to reach out and call to them. I also want to emphasise that these feelings are normal and that you shouldn't feel guilty for reaching out at all 🙂

Do you have any support with you on the Central Coast? Are there any friends or family members who you could go on a daily walk with during lockdown? Otherwise to get some support I would recommend calling your family members and having a chat if possible.

Here for you, if you need to chat.

Miz.

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi SnowyRiver,

I am sorry you are feeling this way! I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone, especially during these times.

Always up for a chat,

Jaz.