FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Announcement Icon
You can win one of three $200 gift cards. Complete our survey by 5pm, 30 June 2024 AEST to enter the draw. Your response will be anonymous so you can't be identified.

feeling lost

kristie33
Community Member
so i not quite sure how long this has been going on and nowthat ive recognized it as depression i feel as though its always been there well at least since i was 20 or so possibly younger... but over the past 18 months ive been dealing with cervical cancer whuch was operation after operation then resulted in a total hysterectomy leaving my ovaries though. through this process i found myself starting to drink heaps, stealing and being really reckless. Im 31 and have 3 beautiful children and a husband and we just built our first home. I thought once the hysterectomy was done i would start to feel better but i find myself sinking deeper into a dark hole. i feel like a bas parent i dont want to do anything i dont want to get up i feel like i could sleep forever but then i cant get to sleep i fell gulity because im always so tired and feel so sad all the time. i feel like am fat which is stupid i weigh 58kg at 170 cms.. i dont reply to my friends anymore or my family except my younger sister who i tend to put before myself i just dont know how to stop. i go to sleep every damn day telling myself tomorrow i get back to normal and then i fail again. How do i fix myself. 😔
1 Reply 1

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Kristie,

am so sorry you have been through so much at such a young age. Cervical cancer at any age is devastating but at your age it will change your lives in many way. Have you thought of contacting a support group for women who have had cervical cancer so you can talk to people who have been through a similar experience.

You may be grieving you may be depressed. Would you consider talking to your doctor and or a counsellor.

Your body and your mind has been through so much so it will affect you.

I think you need help and support . I also feel you need to be kinder to yourself and not expect too much too soon as you have been through such a lot.

I am not sure what normal is but you have changed .

Take care

quirky