FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling done

Allthegoodnamesaretaken
Community Member

Hi. I guess I am just feeling done. I’m new. I’m alone. And I’m done with being alone. I spend so much time being a good friend to others, and I don’t do it for anything back, but for some reason find it really hard to tell people when I myself and struggling.

and this week I am. I have really crashed tnight. I had to leave work and I just keep crying. I feel useless at everything. And like no one ever really loves me.

snd I keep thinking someone will notice without me telling them, cause I am the type they always notices when people are hurting, but no one cares. Cause I am just kind of not of worth I think.

I just feel shit. At everything.

sorry if this is all garbled.

5 Replies 5

Deckt
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey there. I like your user name. 🙂

Now is a pretty rough time, even for people not normally struggling. I'm sorry to hear that things are rough. I'll be your friend. Would you like to share a bit about what's going on with you? I may not have any useful tips, but sometimes it just helps to get things off your chest.

Hugs,

Dt

Sophie_M

Hi Allthegoodnamesaretaken,

Welcome to the forums, we are really glad that you have taken such a brave step in reaching out here tonight. We're also so sorry to hear how lonely you have been feeling, and that you've been struggling to express how you've been feeling to those around you. It must be so tough to be keeping these feelings bottled up inside, but please know that you have come to a safe, non-judgemental space and our community is here to offer as much support and conversation as you need. Can we ask, do you have any mental health support? We understand it can be really difficult to cope sometimes, especially if you don't have a lot of support from family or friends. If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport One of our friendly counsellors will help give you support and point you in the right direction for help in your area. In addition to this, there are always counsellors available via phone for your most difficult moments. Some of these 24/7 services include:

And if you find yourself in a situation where you become an immediate danger to yourself, this is an emergency and you should call 000 (triple zero).

Please feel free to keep us updated here on your thread on how you're going, whenever you feel up to it.

Thanks DT.

I appreciate someone answering.

I think I’ve been alone for a while and it’s just getting to be. I still get to go into the office, but I think my anxiety and depression is affecting my work which makes me even more anxious. I almost got quit recently thinking it would be easier in case they fired me.

I am a bit of a perfectionist and I get really stressed when I’m not doing well.

I lost a family member recently too. And I think it’s starting to hit home. I feel stupid I have to talk to a forum but better that I have somewhere to turn. It’s easier than just crying .

I think I need to take some time off work and go to the Dr. I was on medication. I’m not now. I feel far too overwhelmed.

Hey there. 🙂

Loneliness is a massive thing. I know it's not quite the same, but you can talk to me. I'll keep checking this thread.

I can empathise with the perfectionist thing. It used to be a bit of a problem for me, too. But keep in mind that perfect is the enemy of good. Good NOW is better than perfect in two weeks. Good enough is ok. It truly is. Not just in terms of work things, but in life, too.

Have you spoken to anyone like a grief counsellor? I'm very sorry that you've lost someone important to you. It can be rough, and sometimes, talking through your feelings can help a lot.

It definitely sounds like talking to a doctor is a good idea. Please keep checking in.

Hugs, Dt.

mocha delight
Community Member
Hi allthegoodnamedaretaken first I’d like to say welcome, second I think that you should reread your post as despite you saying you find it hard talking about your feelings you have have just done that a little bit, third I think you need one of these 🤗 and fourth you’ve come to the right place as people here to various degrees will understand you and just know here you are among friends ok. I not only started on antidepressants the week before covid 19 was first mentioned despite not to mention not been diagnosed with anything yet but the same week (a few days before I started on the antidepressants) my grandma passed away to so as you can imagine what with being new to antidepressants & having never been on them before it was not the best timing and all.