FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Alone

LonelyGypsy
Community Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here. No idea if this will help but google suggested I give it a go.

I have depression, anxiety, BPD, PTSD and BD. So yeh a list. I'm medicated and when I can afford to I see a shrink. I manage most of it ok I just really struggle with my loneliness. I have no family or friends where i live its just me and my kids. I keep myself as busy as possible to avoid these feelings I suppose but they always sneak back in. I joined a club to try make new connections but I guess everything takes time. I'm just sick of crying I guess xx thanks for listening 

3 Replies 3

indigo22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi LonelyGypsy,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for deciding to reach out to us.

That is a long list of mental health issues to deal with but it sounds like you have a handle on things with the help of your practitioners.

I have been dealing with dysthymia and major depression from a young age so I can empathise to a degree, although not fully, not having any experience with BPD or BD. But it seems that you just need to connect with people and that I can do.

I think it is hard not having anyone to bounce things off of when you are feeling out of balance with life, but I believe you will find the forums helpful in many ways. Reading posts about similar experiences and how that person managed a situation can help you build a 'tool box' and having conversations with others about how you are feeling makes the journey a little easier. This is a very caring community so I hope you will feel at home here.

It does take time to make new friends and connections, but you can continue this conversation in the meantime if you wish. You are not alone, we will be here for you.

Take care,

indigo

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

I like the idea of creating a tool box for myself. I might have a look at these other forum topics and get a feel for things. 

That's a good way of getting used to the forums, just a couple of hints, if you find a post that you want to go back to, use the "Follow Post" button. Anything you are following will appear under your profile and you can go back to it easily. If you wand to show support for a post, use the support button.

If you need help with anything, let me know.

indigo