FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A Right Hand Turn

BigB
Community Member

Hello ๐Ÿ‘‹

Have you ever tried to do a right hand turn in life and get it right every single time?

I have done many changes in life from job/career changes to changing sporting activities and even states within Australia. When they been planned and the outcome is good, that is the most satisfying thing to have, but when it goes horribly wrong it is devastating. It is ok turn then adjust and review to go on, it seems like when it happens rapidly and without stopping, that is when the alarm bells go off. But what if you did not see it coming and the smallest thing/issue/problem sets you off on life changing experience!

Well that's me ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am here to break down the barriers of Mental Health, I have become a Consumer Representative for the NBMLHD and are determined to change this stigma! I look back over my life and I have allways struggle with Anxiety, ADHD and Deslexia. Now with Depression and experienced atampted suicide, my outlook on life has changed for ever. My psycologist has tuaght me there is no "Normal", recovery is so much more the just getting back to this thing called 'Normal' but normalising things and saying for what it is being real to myself. No more masks ๐Ÿ™ƒ

So as you welcome, I welcome you into my world. ๐Ÿฎ Coffee?

2 Replies 2

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi BigB,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your message and bravery is full of strength.

And it is very inspiring when you say there is no 'Normal' and we need to be real to ourself.

It's good to have you here.

Mark

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello BigB, although everybody's journey may be different, we all aim towards being mentally healthy, but along the way we face hurdles which we have to try and overcome, some are much higher for us and that's when we need help and there is certainly no harm in asking because that's what we suggest.

Geoff.

Life Member.