FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A Bi-Polar manic's journey

ooRIGGSoo
Community Member
Were all here for alot of different reasons but the curse stays the same in varying amounts with us all

im diagnosed as
bi_polar manic
BPD (borderline personality disorder)
anxiety moderate/high
and a few minor things slight ocd social anxiety,ect just the normal things that makes up the day

only fully corrected diagnosed later in life, psychiatrist psychologist doctors been there done that last 20 years all meds and remedies,journals all failed me in different ways
so i sit here 20 years later with no answers to my above problems witch can cause chaos havoc in my life and others at times im now well aware of it..... before i get to my question this is a rough path of my last 15 years in fighting the dread..im hoping this will help someone or me in trying to get answers to the unknown

bi-polar manic meds and professional therapy,
tried them all last 15 years side effects were too great
or nothing at all that stabilizes my mood swings and everything else that come with BP and BPD

i have researched on mood stabilizers and have come accross alot of info on how alternative medication helps people with these issues im no doctor but im done with meds and pycho babble......has anyone here in aust tried alternative therapy for mood stabilizers? as i see online i may have one more option before i give up and know my reality is my prison.....

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Dear ooRIGGSoo

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums we are so glad that you have made you way here and had the bravery to post. We want you to know that this is a safe space to discuss your thoughts, feelings and experiences and receive honest responses and suggestions from fellow forum users.

We are also here 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via our Webchat.  Our team who answer the phones are ready to have a supportive and non-judgmental chat whenever you need it.

We’re sure to hear from some of our lovely community members here on your thread soon. They’re a really amazing community, and will have understanding, advice and kind words for you.  Thanks again for sharing. It’s a powerful and brave first step towards feeling better.

Regards 

Sophie M

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

ooRIGGSoo

Thanks for your post and your honesty and determination in trying to get the best treatment for you. 
i have bipolar, possible PTSD , 

I have tried alternative medicines in conjunction with my mood stabaliser which has helped me for decades.

I think diet and CBT can help some people and meditation.

i am not a medical person just someone with lived experience. It must be hard for you with multiple diagnoses. 
i hope you find what you are looking for. 

tyvm for taking the time to read quirky
im so happy to hear that this could help
i thought id just let it rip
my issues seem to fall on deaf ears in the medical circle
stopped explaining myself years ago,its like winding up a ball of twine back to it exact way as made
to complicated thats what i ended with that..

all the best to happy days quirky
keep safe brother the search will continue

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi ooRIGGSoo,

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

I understand the feeling of our minds being our prison it’s so exhausting and frustrating.

My mind once was a prison for me but I’m now free so please don’t give up hope.

I was diagnosed with severe anxiety OCD what helped me was medication and Metacognitive therapy I learned what my OCD cycle was and I then I learned how to disengage from it.

Ive been free of it for many years and my anxiety has totally disappeared.

Im sorry you are experiencing BPD, bipolar aswell as OCD and anxiety.

Please ask me anything