FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Vitamin B for Anxiety

Tan2017
Community Member
Hi All, I've been on quite a quest and journey to find the answer and 'cure' to treat anxiety and eliminate the horrible and disturbing panic attacks that I was experiencing almost daily. After several Dr hopping, googling, cbt, psychologist, councelling, webinars etc a simple blood test picked up that I was very low in Vitamin B group. Particully B6 I believe. Low vitamin B levels are directly related to our nervous system and thus anxiety symptoms can be elevated. Now I'm no professor or doctor but this all made alot of sense to me. I've been through trauma and grief but am strong and resilient. Learning this could possibly be the reason for experiencing high levels of anxiety gives me the peace of mind that my mental health will be regained. I start on Blackmores executive stress today as advised by my GP for 6 weeks. Follow my story and let's see if my anxiety levels drop and hopefully diminish for good.
14 Replies 14

Guest_554
Community Member

Good on you!

That is excellent.

I am ashamed, I haven't yet. I am so not motivated in the mornings at the moment, so cold outside... no excuse is it!

I am proud of you, I need to get my act together. 🙂

I have a girl fur baby. She's awesome! So 1 week in taking executive stress and I feel really good. My appetite has increased, I have more energy and I feel as if the 'FOG' has lifted. Placebo, coincidence or these vitamins are actually working. Im not feeling that nervous sensation which was constantly triggering panic attacks. I take them as recommended in the morning with breakfast (I'm a coffee and cigarette morning person) so breakfast is normally mid morning and I have one with lunch also. The fact that you take them with food has forced me to eat properly again and would be good reason for my increased energy levels. I haven't really noticed when they 'kick in' but I have definatly noticed a difference this week. I've also been eating more fish and avocados which may be helping to lift the brain fog. I too have looked into st Johns wort but also on reflux tablets. There must be a direct link with stomach and mind as I found quite a few people I've spoken to with anxiety also suffer digestive issues. I'm planning on taking my dog for a walk today which I haven't done in a long time and looking at replacing my morning coffee and cigarette ritual with some yoga. (Just need a little extra motivation for that next step) Thankyou for your comments and Ill keep updating my progress 🙂

Divinyl
Community Member

Hi all,my first ever post,yay!

I will come to vitamins in a second. I have been on medication for a few years. Whether it has been beneficial is very hard to say. I still suffer from depression as I have most of my life (now 45). Perhaps the only change I've ever experienced from any prescription medication is a feeling of numbness and finding it very hard to cry (which I sometimes feel I need to do). I think I'm one of the cases where traditional depression medication simply doesn't and never will work.

I have been taking vitamin b for a few years,but have recently read marvellous evidenced based research around high dosages of B3 (Niacin) in helping alleviafe symptoms of depression, anxiety,and even schizophrenia and a host of other medical conditions. The book I read was "Niacin, The Real Story", by Hoffer,Saul and Foster. I'm thinking of starting on a regimen,at this stage I figure anything is worth a try.

Tan2017
Community Member
I'm not one for prescription meds either. I felt very zoned out and lethargic. Vitamin b has definatly increased my energy levels I believe whilst alleviating the anxious jitters.

Same here, I was prescribed antidepressants, I went to the chemist and after some advice, got him to tear up the script. I am on Blackmores Executive B stress formula, is helping me, especially with my energy levels.

🙂