FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Support Groups - Ipswich or Brisbane

Red_1986
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I've recently been diagnosed with depression and anxiety and am keen to meet people who are going through the same emotions.  Does anybody know of any support groups in the Ipswich or Brisbane areas?  I've tried Google but haven't had any luck.

Thank you :).

6 Replies 6

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Red_1986,

Your Medicare Local is a great place to start as they will be able to advise you of the services available in your local area. Use the map on the right-hand side of the page at www.medicarelocals.gov.au to find your local branch.

The beyondblue Support Service also have access to a directory of services across Australia so may be able to assist you to find out what else is available near you. You can contact them on 1300 22 46 36.

These forums aren't face-to-face, but a lot of our members find it helpful to discuss their emotions, current life issues and concerns here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make some online friends.

Red_1986
Community Member

Thank you for your response.

I am looking for face to face forums and support groups.

Thank you.

Wobbles
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Red_1986

Have you had any luck finding any support groups or even social groups for fellow sufferers? I'm in the Ipswich area and am looking for something similar.

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Wobbles, your best bet would be to try your Medicare Local or give our support service a call.

Have you had any luck finding anything in the Ipswich or Brisbane area where young people with social anxiety can get together?

Hi Concerned Mother, sorry but we can't provide recommendations for groups on the forums. Your best bet is to give our support service a call or your Medicare Local.