FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

RE: Bulk Billing Psychiatrist

Steve3_87
Community Member
Hi all Im trying to find a bulk billing psychiatrist. I need to see one for some medication for my ADHD. Can anyone recommend any ones that bulk bill even if i have to do one via video chat doesnt bother me. I just cant afford to pay the expense and need this medication asap. TIA
2 Replies 2

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Steve, welcome

Unfortunately this isn't a space where ppl can recommend any doctors by name

Some psychs bulk bill, but from my experience they are rare, and sometimes they aren't the best ones

However, many give really helpful discounts .

Sophie_M
Hi Steve3_87,

Welcome to the forums. As Sleepy has said, we’re not able to request or recommend specific service providers here. There’s a bit more info on that in our community guidelines here.

However, we would recommend having a look at the Find a professional directory on the Beyond Blue site, which you can filter for bulk billing. For psychiatrists specifically, you can use the The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists' Find a Psychiatrist directory, which lists consultant psychiatrists in private practice in Australia.

We hope those are helpful. We find the forum can be a lot more helpful for discussions on how things are going for you, and how you’re feeling. Do you think you’d like to share a bit about what’s going on? Maybe our lovely, understanding community will be able to help.

Kind regards,
Sophie M