FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feel frustrated after first psychologist session

bman42
Community Member

I have just come home from my first psychologist session and feel terrible. Even tho she was a nice lady I feel I didn't really connect with her and am now wondering if I would connect with anyone I went to see. She told me I had extreme depression and mild anxiety. My anxiety really got in the way of letting her know how I feel(same old story).  Couldn't give her any distinctive answers about feeling worthless or worthwhile, ugly or attractive ect. Even after watching the lights go from left to right I couldn't tell her anything, my mind was blank 😞

I am so bloody mad at myself. How can I get help if I cant help her??? I really want help and to change but cant see how this is going to work if my mind keeps going blank or cant give her defined answers

Have to end this post as my mind is racing and haven given myself a headache.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

10 Replies 10

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Bman, it's a big door to open and once it's open your problems just flow out, no different to a flood.

The list that you write down you could put numbers next to each, so just put number 1 next to the problem that you least are worried about, this will get you to gradually work your way up to the the worst, however you could do the opposite if you want. Geoff.