FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Experiences while taking anti-anxiety meds

Manna84
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you can all help me. I've been experiencing severe anxiety lately and I have finally asked the Doctor for medication to help control it. What I'm concerned about however is how I will be mentally whilst taking them. In the past I have taking anti-depressants for ante-natal depression I suffered during my third pregnancy......problem is, it was like I was walking around in a constant haze and whilst I was calmer, I couldn't cry or feel much emotion. In addition, I have very little memory of my kids during the 16 months that I was taking them....it is like that whole period of my life was practically erased. I know I need the medication, but I really don't want that to happen again.

If anyone could shed some light on how they felt/feel whilst on medication, I would really appreciate it 🙂

1 Reply 1

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Manna84, welcome to the forums.  Have a look through the threads below for some insights, you'll find other members in there who can share their experiences with you:

Anxiety medication

Medication for anxiety?

You might also find these helpful:

Medication and pregnancy

Anti-depression medication during pregnancy