FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Bulk billed psychologists that can diagnose BPD?

Nicole_A
Community Member

Hey Guys,

I am an 18 year old girl who has always been mentally unstable all her life. All my life and especially since starting university, my lifes been characterised by unstable relationships, chronic episodes of panic attacks and deep loneliness and trying to counteract this with binge eating and unhealthy drinking. ive now come to a point where im starting to realise that maybe it isnt the relationships and everyone else thats the problem, maybe its me. maybe there is something wrong with me. I'm starting to look up mental illnesses and Borderline Personality Disorder and high levels of anxiety. I want to know for sure by a diagnosis but i dont know where to start. i am also on centrelink payments so i dont have that much money on me. Are there clinical psychologists that would bulk bill diagnosis/treatment around Sydney CBD? I just want to be sure of something for once of my life and not feel lonely empty and upset with myself and life for once. Thank you.

-Nicole

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi Nicole A, welcome to the forums.  We can't provide referrals for practitioners here on the forums.  

Your best bet is to use the available health professional directories and go from there: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/find-a-professional . Your GP should be able to assist in this area also.

Please keep posting here for emotional support around what you're going through, we have many members here with personal experience of BPD and anxiety.