FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Back on anti depressants

Emmy.
Community Member

Hi

I suffer from panic attacks and a couple of months ago I came off my antidepressants (with the help of my GP) but soon after the panic attack returned and everything Id learnt from my psychologist couldnt help as they were so severe.  Yesterday my GP has put me back on the medication.  I'm feeling really defeated.  I was on them for 2 years (that seemed like a long time to me).  I thought I was doing well 😞

2 Replies 2

CHRISTINE5584
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Emmy,

Sad to hear that you are not feeling better about the whole situation. My story is similar except that I was off from my medication for 2 years. Those were tough days. I have went back to my medication when my situation had worsen and I have to be taken to the hospital. I suggest continue with your medication and find other ways that will make you feel better. I love to cook and read and to make myself feel better, I would cook whatever is in my mind and the same with reading. I read alot of devotional, and self-help books about mindfulness and how to manage stress since the major factor for my anxiety and depression is stress.

I wish you good luck and hopefully you feel better soon! 

Thanks for your reply Christine

I do enjoy getting lost in a good novel, might try to find a nice book to read.

Hope you're doing well on your journey