FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What do you tell people.

Beaser
Community Member

Hi i hope anyone reading this is going ok.

I was just wondering how different people go about explaining things to people particularly answering questions. 

Whenever i meet someone i always wait for that question.

What do you do for work ?  I am volunteering at a hospital ,so sometimes i just say hospital  work. I try to steer the conversation away .  How much do we have to tell people who ask different questions.

I dont like l lying about things .  I also feel that some people who ask arent asking with best motivation.

Sometimes i get a bit niggly and think , Why do you need to know. 

Hope everyone has a good day.

1 Reply 1

randomxx
Community Member

Yeah that's always been a tricky one alright. Mines always been a very different story to any near norm though and l've always been very different too so l chuckle to myself that l became a master skimmer way way back and very early in life and l still skim to this day.

lt goes back to even as a kid, any time l'd tell dad l wanted tp do some weird idea or l was gonna do this gonna do that he'd say awwww ya can't do that or that won't work or whatever, so l stopped telling him anything or skimming and quickly just moving on. So l got started my training very early on .

All my life since then has always been different, my ideas, views , the way l work, self employed, the way l live , all of it, there's no norm in there anywhere never has been so l'm still just skimming and moving on with people to this day, 50s. Been goin there all my life l know they want get it.

It's down pat these days, has been for yrs. l know how to close down the tricky convo's and questions in 2seconds flat or to leave out the bits they won't get or whatever , it's inbuilt ha ha.

Just skim it and move it along , leave out the tricky stuff.

rx