FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Stories of resilance

Elephant86
Community Member

For a long time I had to figure out strategies on how to stay well with my condition so I started reading to educate myself so I could understand what the doctors where telling so I could go on my own healing pathway.

1.The books I started reading was Ian gawlwers and indepth guide to meditation that is the first recommendation for books.

2 The book of joy by the dalia lama and desmound Tutu taught me that how I accept my condition but I don't let it defeat me.

3. The art of happiness by the dalia lama

I have read many books that have helped me heal for me reading on buddism taught me about accepting my diability for what it was. Also forgiving myself for the destruction of the bipolar. I know at times you question and you ask why me . You should have trust that all will be oright. Even in the darkest of times there is a candle lighting and gaurdian animals like pets keeping us safe. My spirit animal is a white tiger.

I beleive it serves and protects me its like harry potters patronous. Magic is real because the love and care you have for others is true magic. The true power is the love and care between human being and the wonderful community network

What animals do you love and what animals bring you peace  

1 Reply 1

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi Elephant86,

Great post. I read The Count of Monte Cristo in the depths of my depression. It distracted me and taught me the value of patience. I would like to read Moby Dick now. I think whales bring me peace.

My patronus is a falcon which is scarily accurate. It reads:

"Having a falcon as your patronus means that you are strengthened by joy. A common form of light during dark times of life, joy is something that fuels you whenever you are down."

Bob