FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My friend might be pregnant

lizzy_windmill
Community Member

I posted this on "young people" but i feel like it's possibly more appropriate here?

I'm probably going to find out some time today if my friend is pregnant or not but I can't stop thinking about it and obviously can't talk to anyone I know (cos they also know her and that's not fair) so here I am for a little rant haha. We're both 19, her boyfriend is 20, they are in a pretty happy and committed relationship (probably close to 1.5 years now) and want kids someday but since they're both at uni and whatever now isn't really the best time, but they have discussed previously if they accidently get pregnant they'll most likely keep the baby. 

So she tested two days ago (she's been feeling sick and bloated and other symptoms recently, so she felt she should test just in case) and she said there was a very faint positive line. Naturally since it was so faint she decided to wait a couple days and try again (which is today!). 

Anyway basically I'm really nervous since we're quite close friends (from highschool) and she's asked me to be the godmother of her future babies and if she is pregnant she's gonna get married soon and I'll be the maid of honour and look I know it's not as stressful as what she's gonna go through if she is pregnant but I'm really caught between excited and terrified that she might actually be pregnant and what I'm supposed to do as her/one of her best friends! 

We're 19 going on 20 which little me would've considered more than old enough to deal with this but hey let's be real we're definitely still kids and this is hella stressful haha, even if she isn't pregnant this time around she is gonna keep having preggo scares and it's really very stressful and I kinda wish she wouldn't tell me until she was sure 😅 

I'm super nervous to hear from her and I know she is also torn between excited and terrified cos she does want a baby one day just not right now haha, but she'll have it anyway. She's been half relieved and disappointed from previous preggo scares but I think this one will be worse since she kinda had a pos line (if it is neg) and of course if it is pos than goddamn that'll be scary. Not to mention it's the first week of semester two of uni!!

Anyway that's enough ranting from me curious to see what you strangers have to say xx

2 Replies 2

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Lizzy-windmill~

Welcome ot the Forum, you may find others here who have had similar problems and how the dealt wiht them if oyu look around.

I"d expect  by now your freind will have taken her test and you may know the result. If so may I ask what is happening?

I can understand it can be pretty nerve-wracking for you, and the prospect of future tests if this one is negative, is not an idea you'd enjoy.

If she is pregnant I can well understand if she and her boyfriend might be in two minds as to what to do. After all it would make such a huge change. I'm happy though thay had beforehand talked together and recognized the possibility. Whatever happens that sounds like a good relationship.

I suppos any parents they have might also have views.

I guess in your own case it is simply a matter of continuing to be her friend, and help her in any way she needs. Just the fact of friendship would be a comfort.

Croix

Karen0901
Community Member

That sounds like she is pregnant to me. Usually it is a faint line at first. So congratulations, if it turns out to be accurate. Children are wonderful. They are hard work though. Not something to rush into as it is a serious, life altering commitment.

If it isn't a pregnancy, I would suggest trying a more reliable contraception method. They should be 99% effective, so multiple pregnancy scares should indicate a need to try a diffferent one.