FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Suicidal constantly

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Hi all.

Like others I think of suicide basically constantly.

It's like a someone whispering in me ear that I can't stop as my life otherwise is (mostly) ok.

I told my parents again but they just said Im an attention seeker that using it as an excuse not to work.

That is far from the trust as when I tell them I'm suicidal they laugh and then get angry.

It's so difficult as it makes my suicidal thoughts worse but they seem completely oblivious.

Anyway stay safe all.

Chris

312 Replies 312

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chris

Take all the time you need. Wondering if you've got some constructive stepping stones in place during your time out from here. Hope so. Of course, if you need any support in looking for a stepping stone, give yourself the freedom to pop back in anytime.

Glad you followed your instinct or intuition (that little voice) and contacted the BB team while establishing a safety plan. I'm a firm believer that the darkest parts of depression shouldn't be managed alone. Someone's gotta step in with some light/enlightenment. Being prepared to do whatever it takes to save our own life is a sign of great commitment and determination.

I think navigating depression while doing whatever it takes to find our way out of it and back to life is one of the greatest challenges in existence. It can become so incredibly exhausting at times. Take good care of yourself Chris. Be gentle on yourself while you're working so hard to manage what can become exhausting.

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Hi all.

Just an update.

Unfortunately I had an incident on Tuesday so was taken into protective custody for my defeat.

Taken to hospital and out been discharged this afternoon.

Feel great although hospital was pretty full on waiting in Emergency for near 24hours before I could get a bed in a ward.

All is fine though, feel great and onwards and upwards!

Chris

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chris

Feeling so deeply for you as you continue managing such overwhelming challenges. Wish the challenge of waiting so long for a bed in the hospital was one you didn't have to face, especially under such stressful circumstances. I'm glad the stay made a constructive difference to you, while giving you a bit of a break from your home environment. I think sometimes a break from the environment which is causing us the most upset can be warranted at times. Can sometimes help make things a little clearer. I think this is what I need myself at the moment, a time out from where I'm living, in order to help look at things a little more objectively.

Yep, onwards and upwards Chris. Can be hard work raising our self at times.

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Hello.

I don't understand how this new forum works.

It's much worse than it used to be as now I feel unsafe coming here as multiple times it makes no sense.

Hopefully everyone is going well and ok as I'm struggling a bit.

Chris

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Again, this new site is horrible on a phone, it really is much worse.

Anyway well I'm back home and covered in a huge rash from commercial sheets that happens every time.

Parents said I had to leave as my sister requested that and I did as I was told.

I now have been told to go back to hospital as I didn't cope after my incident last week and I have no no idea why they would think I would away from my dog, my bedroom, my walk since being out of a wheelchair.

Anyway life is really bad at the moment. Might move on

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chris

What you're facing at the moment sounds so stressful and incredibly upsetting. Do you have a team behind you you can turn to right now for mental health support, people who can suggest which move you make next for the sake of your well being? I think leaving it up to others to decide the step by step process for recovering through a crisis can be the best call sometimes. When all we see are problems, challenges and darkness, it becomes about leaving it up to a group of problem solvers to get us through. As long as they're good problem solvers and not useless or upsetting ones, sometimes they can be exactly the right people to help us reform our mindset and situation.

I found getting back on track isn't necessarily all unicorns and rainbows, where things suddenly appear bright and happy. Sometimes it can simply be about things not being as incredibly dark and hopeless. At those times there can be just enough light to make some sense of things. It can kind of go from fully believing in what everyone says about us (all the dark, depressing and negative stuff) to the kind of mindset that, with a little light, dictates something like 'I'm facing depression. I've faced depressing periods many times and have managed those periods many times. I've managed to solve problems many times. I've managed to make better sense of things and better sense of myself many times. I've managed to change my perspective many times. This proves I'm a manager, who is currently in an incredibly dark place'.

Had a couple of incredibly dark days, yesterday and the day before. I know I'm in a depression right now and I'm waiting for my brother to return from his overseas trip to help me plan the best course of action for making my way through the factors that are challenging me at this stage of my life. He's an inspiring visionary and a man with a plan for just about any situation. I've learned over time that while I can manage overall depressing periods in my life, I cannot always trust my mind when I'm in the darkest parts of a depression. It dictates stuff that's just not true. The absolute truth is we're not bad people Chris. We're not hopeless or useless and we're worth far more effort that what others are willing to put in at times. That, my friend, is the absolute truth.

Hello all.

Unfortunately I rang lifeline on early Friday morning as in a crisis so a was in protective custody and a 24hour wait in emergency before getting to a ward (general not psych).

It all got too much but yes had 7 (yes 7) Police officers at my parents house where I live as I'm considered such a high risk I guess (not of criminal activity, as in to help me as I'm always extremely polite and thankful for the help I receive, it's amazing)

So yeah I'm home now and I strongly encourage anyone struggling to ring lifeline or similar rather than try and do it alone, I have a battle ahead but people are there for us.

I wish everyone the very best.

Chris

Hey Chris, wondering how you've been travelling since this incident. 

I get the thing with multiple police officers arriving, it can be pretty scarry and confronting. I have about the same arrive for me and I didn't want them there and wanted out. They managed to help me get help. 

Lifeline can also be pretty good. They are a really great support to individuals and the community. I would be lost and most likely dead without them.

Keep going mate. You got this. 

Hi All.

Hope everyone is doing their best to stay safe.

Unfortunately I had another attempt on Sunday night but I'm out of hospital.

I waited 35 hours in emergency before being assessed which shows how broken the system is is.

I discharged myself in the end as still waiting to go to a ward near two days later as "nothing available".

Despite my terrible experience i encourage everyone to seek help when they feel in a crisis.

Stay safe and this community is hugely beneficial to me.

Chris

Chris_Tas
Community Member

So I'm home now and safe.

I encourage anyone struggling to take that step as for me I'm used to it.

This time was disgraceful but that is just my experience and an outlier.

Thank you to everyone on here to make me feel like a Parton, as people in emergency and wards do not dot at all and I'm the politest, easy person (their words not mine) ever.

That's me.

You might be different so own up to your issues and get help.

Chris