FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I can't take it anymore

Kitty88
Community Member
When does it end? I can't take it anymore.. I'm so over being depressed and feeling like shit all the time. The urges are so hard to fight these days, Ivr tried so hard but farout it just doesn't ease. When does it end? I can't handle it anymore..
7 Replies 7

Sophie_M
Hey Kitty88,

Thank you for reaching out to our community to let us know how you've been feeling. we understand how much strength this would take you when you're feeling so low, but it's so important that you have. We're so sorry to hear how much you're struggling, and we can hear how overwhelming these thoughts must be right now- but please know that you are never alone in this, and our community are here to help support you through this difficult time. Our Support Service are also currently reaching out to you via email as we are worried about you.

Please know that the friendly counsellors at the Beyond Blue Support Service are here to help you anytime on 1300 22 4636 or you can also get in touch through Webchat 3pm-12am AEST here: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport 

We would also really urge you to get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467) whenever these feelings are becoming too much to cope with.

We hope you keep checking in and let us know how you are whenever you feel up to it.

Kitty88
Community Member
I am alone tho, that's part the problem. I can't handle going through everything on my own. My health has deteriorated as long as my mental health, I don't know how to cope with it all anymore. It huts to much and it's scary. I have relapsed in so many things lately trying to cope with everything but it's too much. It just doesn't stop! I can't handle it, I don't know how to anymore. It just doesn't stop

Hi Kitty88,

You're not alone here. There are so many people here who have felt like you do who have then gone on to feel better.

When u say it just doesn't stop are u talking about the feelings of depression? Urges you have?

To help myself I started doing paint by numbers artworks and swimming at the lap pools. Is there anything you can do to help distract from your feelings ATM?

Can U listen to music, colour in, write, watch a movie, anything to ease the feelings.

Are you able to take in some deep breaths, make a tea, a juice?

I'm really sorry you are struggling so much.
I hope you can keep writing and feel less alone in our company.

tranzcrybe
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Kitty,

I hear you're all over the place right now - good on you for seeking to post again and I hope you can work through this with me.

"everything" is a lot for me to take onboard for you, but could you say if you are eating regularly and getting some sleep?

Perhaps you could mention one thing that is most troubling for you right now?

Do your best, I know it's not much for you to start.

Regards,

t.

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Kitty88

I hear your utter desperation for difference within the sameness of depression. Wish I was there sitting beside you, having a long chat, encouraging you to vent through some screaming and/or crying. From my experience, the depths of depression is torture in a way no one fully understands unless they've been there. I'm so glad you came here, to make a difference.

It's tough when we're trying to navigate challenges on our own. Some of the toughest aspects: 1)Identifying the challenges (even the ones we don't realise are there), 2)making sense of them and 3)figuring out how to rise through them in a way where we feel the difference, while we're achieving raising our self. I believe, feeling significant difference is what leads us to hope. When we feel no difference at all, things can definitely feel hopeless.

In regard to challenge, when I mention 'even the ones we don't realise are there', this can become quite interesting, leading us to wonder in constructive ways. Out of sheer curiosity, I've asked people 'What skills were given to you by your parents/guardians when it comes to managing challenge?' Folk would have a little think before, more often than not, saying 'I don't know'. Then, I'd watch the look on their face as they'd wake up to the fact the answer was typically 'None!' So, then you come to realise I have no basic skills when it comes to managing challenge; no wonder I'm having such a hell of a time. As Mum to a 15yo boy and a girl who'll be turning 18 this month, I'm big on skill development. I never want my kids to go without the skills that will make a positive difference in their life. While on some mind altering quest to know myself better, I'll be led to develop certain skills/higher consciousness and then ask my kids if they can relate. If they relate, they adopt the idea or skill.

'Question everything that is questionable' is one of my mantras. We begin life with this skill, until we are conditioned to 'Stop questioning and just do as you're told'. Such a shame. Imagine this from a 10yo: 'Mum, why do we have to visit grandma, she's so nasty?' Response, 'It's the right thing to do. Stop questioning and get ready!' 'But mum, if grandma's happy being such a nasty b***h to us kids, doesn't that make us enablers if we go? What's wrong with you, allowing your kids to be treated this way?' Response, I had to visit my nasty grandma when I was your age'. 'I get it, it's tradition!'

Kitty, how much do you question others?

🙂

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Kitty,

I can hear the desperation and hurt in your words..being alone and trying to manage our mental health is one of the hardest things we have to do...I am alone as well..sometimes I am strong enough to get through it, then other times I spend days crying because I need to feel like someone cares...The wonderful people here care and are amazing people, I have made some very caring friends here..unfortunately we cannot meet, but I can feel there care and love when I need it..

One thing I did do a few years ago was volunteer to work in a charity shop..I now do 1 day a week, which helps get me out of my home for the day, and mixing and talking with other people, has helped me a lot...Do you thing that is something that you would consider..

Talking to your dr about your thoughts and how your feeling can also be very helpful with organising some professional help for you...

Living alone is hard..very hard, especially at times of physical and mental illness..

Kitty...Please Talk here anytime you feel up to it..We are here for you to help you the best we can....

Sending you my care and kind thoughts,

Grandy..

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi. It can be scary when writing on an unknown forum, not knowing how others might respond. And worse when you have nobody to talk to either. Different circumstances, there was a time when I felt that alone. And then started to see a psychologist. I found out that talking to someone was helpful and the start of a new journey.

Do you want to talk about has been going on?

I can listen if you want?

Tim