FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hypochondriac?

Rickyss
Community Member

Hi, just joined the forums trying to get some help as I’ve struggled with this for probably over 10 years, recently gotten a lot worst.

I have always been concerned about my health. Convinced myself I’ve had every disease possible. However recently I had a massage after the massage I convinced myself that if the masseuse had blood on her hands/fingers and the blood got into me I contracted hiv.

I have put my life on hold whilst waiting to get tested (6weeks)

some people call me delusional and I wonder if I am, is this just a fear or am I actually psychotic?

i get to the point some days where I just think ending it would be so much easier then dealing with the constant thought process.

I can never find a doctor who can help or find any treatment as for me I believe 100% atm that I have hiv

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Dear Rickyss, welcome to our friendly online community, we are so glad you decided to join us here. We know it can be hard to write the first post, so thank you for having the courage. We're so sorry to hear that you're tackling such difficult thoughts - it must be really challenging to constantly worry about being sick. We can see how much it is getting to you because you're thinking of ending it - we can imagine how difficult that must be.

We're super glad you reached out to us to express how you're feeling and we hope that expressing your thoughts on here has been at least somewhat helpful. Please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space to talk things through and our community is here to offer as much support, advice and conversation as you need. 

We encourage you to speak to your doctor to try and organise some professional psychological support if you don't have any already. In the meantime, there are some free counselling services that operate 24/7 that you can contact for support if you like. For instance, in overwhelming moments, we encourage you to contact Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467) for support. 

Furthermore, if you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport 

Again, we're so glad you reached out to our community. We hope that you will find some comfort here on the forums. Please feel free to keep reaching out here on your thread whenever you feel up to it. 

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Rickyss

Thankyou for being with us on the forums

Sophie_M has posted some helpful support above with our support number...1300 22 4636. There are many people that experience health anxiety here.....You are not on your own at all

Can I ask if you get along with your GP? This is always an excellent place to start....I still see my doc every month for a fine tune after having anxiety attacks for a few years

The forums are a safe and non judgmental place for you (and everyone) to post 🙂

any questions are always welcome Ricky

Paul