FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Random Acts of Kindness during difficult times...

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone

Today is a new day with new possibilities.

Sometimes we feel so overwhelmed with our own issues and the crises around us that we may forget how powerful it can be for ourselves and others to say or do one kind thing...

Kindness is love in action and our world is hurting.

I've observed the change in people around me. Previous acts of kindness, were met with a smile and a thankyou but now... the reactions have changed. People are almost crying, saying thankyou with such relief. These responses hit me yesterday.

I'm not a social worker but I do live and work in my community. I think about a kindness someone did for me all day, maybe for weeks and longer. When I do a simple thing for others I FEEL GOOD.

We CAN make a difference.

You can make a difference to someone today with a simple act, starting with yourself. Your actions can be planned but also taken on an impulse.
A text asking how someone is doing? Or telling them you care about them.
Offering to take an elderly person's trolley back to the bay or a parent's trolley back for them.
Leaving a flower on a neighbour's letterbox.
Asking the Supermarket worker how they're doing today.
Thanking a Police Officer or Ambulance worker when you see them.
Dropping a note into a person's letterbox when you know they live alone.
Reacting with kindness.

Kindness starts with being kind to ourselves. Please share a lovely thing you did for YOURSELF or somebody else.
ANY THING is lovely to read about and can cheer a person up all day. 😃

Yesterday I saw a young mum struggling with her baby and shopping and trolley. The baby was crying. The empty trolley began to roll away. I stopped it and asked if I could take it back for her. She said "THANK YOU!" and said it four more times as I walked away and back. Then I saw her smiling and crying driving her car past me. She waved and I gave her a thumbs up. The darling girl, who knows what she's going through...

Love to you today
EM

26 Replies 26

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Eco and everyone

I have found that ringing or texting people I know are alone and or stressed is a small thing I can do.
I had a lot of dvds I had watched and I gave them to neighbours.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey quirky, I think you're spot on about that.

It could be a little thing to us, but makes the whole world of difference to the person when we reach out.

Love you could give away your DVDs to a neighbour! That will keep them entertained for HOURS maybe months lol!

What beautiful things to do for others quirky, you're so sweet.

I think some of my chickens are now laying twice a day, they MUST be, the eggs are too many for the chickens I have @ once a day.
Interesting dilemma in a pandemic lol, trying to think of WHO would appreciate them but lives nearby.

More omelettes for us anyway 🙂

Happy days quirky!
Love EMxxxx

Hello Everyone,

There are some lovely random acts of kindness happening here.

I'm going to try and find different ways in my life to add some kind of hope and happiness to other people's lives.

Thanks everyone for the ideas and suggestions and for sharing here.

Miz
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reviving the thread EM - what a great initiative!

I think one act of kindness we can all do as these lockdowns is to reach out to a friend and see how they're doing. Anything from a small message to a long call can really make someones day and I think we all need it at the moment 🙂

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That's so beautiful Dools.

I think during this pandemic we're experiencing, people aren't expecting ANY ONE to be nice lol!
So if we CAN be this way, it can be met with a shock I've found.

At the shops, I always ask if everyone's been kind today, now I'm always met with a big SMILE.... kinda like "Oh yay Counselling session starts in a second" lol!
They're all super sweet people. They mist remember too because yesterday the checkout lady LEFT her register to go find me some sweet chili crackers I couldn't find lol. Umm Thank you!

SO glad you're here Dools, you probably don't need to change a thing lol.

Love EMxxxx

I really loved reading everyone's posts. It really made me feel like it is these things that can make someone's day.

Being kind to someone, even a smile can go a long way!

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Today THREE people offered to lift the heavy sacks of chook seed into my car, THREE lol. Ok so I know I'm looking much older than I used to, that's life hey? But 3, wow. I took the last person's offer up lol. 

Those were Random Acts of Kindness and felt really lovely. 

Perhaps my lesson is to ACCEPT kindness from others also... always learning lol.

EM