FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

JUICING for mental health

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi all 👋

I've recently bought a juicer and have been making fruit/veg juices and have noticed it making a difference to my mental health. I'm clearer, more energized and I just know I'm giving my body many health benefits by drinking pure extracted fruits and vegetables. I thought I'd start this thread for us juicers or wannabe juicers to share juicing recipes. It's become my new "thing".
🍎🍍🍐🍉🍊🍑🍓🍒🍌🥝🍠🥕🥒🥬🥦
131 Replies 131

Nice one Shelll,

I've never used banana in the juicer before and actually don't know if you're meant to or not.

I have a Nutribullet so I'd probably put the banana in that with the coconut water and add it to the rest of the drink.

Or I could try putting it through the juicer and see if it works. Don't think I'd get much juice out of a banana though?

Quirky-
I just made a juice out of left over fruits and veg at home. I put quite a bit of kale in it and it is a bit gag- worthy to be honest. Only because I put a lot in. I'm still drinking it though lolol.

Looking forward to my next batch- pina colada.

Matchy-
Do U put the banana through the juicer?

Happy juicing!

This is one of my favourite smoothie recipes.I Make it all the time; banana smoothie.

1 over-ripe banana
Ice
Vanilla essence
Cinnamon
Low fat milk

I put all the ingredients in a nutri- bullet, blend, and serve. It is so much yum!

Hi monkey the best thing to do with the banana recipes is to juice the other ingrediants and then put it in a blender with a banana and make a smoothie out of it.Great trick.
Mark

Cheers for that Mark 😉

I found some recipes that I'd like to try. Please note these are large quantities of juice. I like to fill up my jug/s.
Adjust quantities to suit~

I like the sneaky veg that's added to some fruit juices.

Kiwifruit juice 🥝
6 kiwifruit
3 apples
2 cucumbers

Apple juice 🍏
6 green apples
2 cucumbers
1/4 lemon ( this prevents juice from going brown).

Watermelon, strawberry juice 🍉🍓
1/2 watermelon
2 green apples
2 oranges
2 punnets strawberries

( Haven't tried the watermelon, strawberry one yet but I'm thinking I might leave out the orange) but this was the recipe I found.

Please note: you can also add some water to your juice if you prefer it diluted.

😀

And here are some smoothie recipes with added sneaky veg.

Banana & spinach smoothie
1 large ripe banana
1/2 cup baby spinach
1 cup milk

Mango, banana, spinach smoothie
1 ripe banana
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup mango
1 cup milk

Bluberry, banana, spinach smoothie
1 ripe banana
1 cup blueberries
1 cup baby spinach
1 1/2 cups ice.

🍌🥬🥭🍌🥬

Hey monkey!

These are GORGEOUS recipes you're sharing!

For extra health benefits you can always add a few chia seeds and my all time favourite turmeric!

EMxxxx

Oops, it's turmeric not tumeric like I kept mentioning above. Yes, I finally tried one with added turmeric in it Em!

They are power juices. I had my juice this morning and felt really cleared up and re- vitalised.

So far I've been drinking at least 2 glasses of juice a day for 11 days straight.

I wish I did this sooner. Much more nutritionally dense than supermarket juices.

Everyone feel free to share any juice or smoothie recipe!!!

Just wanted to encourage you along MM. You are doing so well with all the juicing and the smoothies. Good on you!

Wanted to share: some of my favourite apps are some by Jason Vale. He has quite a few out with what I think are really delicious juices, smoothies and blends. I have done a few of his challenges in the apps. He also has a YouTube channel. I remember one that had beetroot and avocado plus some other ingredients in it. I would never think to mix avocado with beetroot. But it was delicious and creamy. And you are eating a super healthy fat there in the avocado.

I also like "simple green smoothies" a website and book. Jen I think her name is.. well she has an extensive range of smoothie recipes on her website. You can find her on Instagram as well. And she also has a fun app that has recipes as well. Quite like her app. I also have participated in her seasonal smoothie challenges she has.

And another is "fat sick and nearly dead" this is an Aussie guy(I think) who helped heal his body by drinking loads of juices. He made 2 documentaries about it. They may be on Netflix. I watched them somewhere. I have his recipe book full of juicing recipes.

Anyway just wanted to encourage you along MM.

Chocolate Smoothie:

1/2 chilled coconut water

1 cup of bonsoy Soymilk or other milk

1 handful baby spinach

1 teaspoon tahini (good source of calcium)

1 teaspoon cacao powder (or cocoa powder)

1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)

1 frozen banana

CalmCat
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

What a great thread!

I know this is a little of topic, however I too having been feeling great from some diet changes.

Recently stopped eating unhealthy dips (eg: sweet potato, egg salad and spinach) after seeing the fat content of the dips. I've now been buying a 800g tub of tzatziki dip (which is surprisingly health) and have been adding fresh dill. It really jazzes this healthy dip up, tasting GREAT!

Give it ago if you want something yummy and health!

Regards,

D

Hiya Shelll,

I do feel encouraged after reading your post. I will have to check out those apps,books,and documentaries for further inspiration.

I'll def have to try your healthy version of a chocolate smoothie as well. I love chocolate and I'm a fan of soy milk. Haven't bought cacao for a long time and I will.

I made a batch of the healthy pina colada and couldn't taste the coconut from the coconut water at all, it wasn't as good as I thought it would be but still healthy none the less. Very sweet too. I could always add coconut to it.

It's all about experimenting and adding variations of things to suit your taste.

Welcome Doz86,
Dietary changes really do improve the way we feel and how the body functions and heals so good on you.
I love a good home-made tzatziki. Might make some soon actually and I'll add some dill. It was one of my fave dips growing up.

Yeah coconut water does not have a strong coconut flavour. But it is full of electrolytes. I often drink it if I have a headache.

You could also try coconut yoghurt, there is one in Woolies that is made from coconut milk and has no added sugar. Coconut milk which in my opinion does taste coconuty. The water and white soft coconut flesh from a young Thai coconut. Very fresh tasting and creamy. Takes a bit of practice to open one up and such. But it is an adventure to use one of those. Perhaps try soaked coconut flakes as well.

And yes everyone's tastes buds are different for sure.