FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Introducing myself

Sliksista63
Community Member
Hi all
I'm new to the thread so hi, I'm looking forward to getting started and not feeling so detached, I have anxiety and depression and a really troublesome fear to having my blood pressure taken (even at home), I do a fair bit to help myself practicing aspects of spiritually, exercise, meditation social swimming and water aerobics, so yeah, hi. Looking forward to hearing from you.
8 Replies 8

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Sliksista63,

Well come to our forums.

I'm sorry you are experiencing anxiety and depression I understand it's difficult.

Have you thought about having professional help for your fear?

Its great that you are doing things to help.

We are all a very caring supportive community and we are here to listen to you.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Sliksista, the fear of having your blood pressure taken is only going to give you an irregular reading, simply because you are worried about doing it.

Can I ask you why do you need to take your blood pressure at home, is it your doctor's orders or perhaps you could go to your pharmacy who can do this for you.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Hey hi petal22
Yeah I've been getting professional help to no avail, as I said the best the psych comes up with for anything is " is there anything you could do differently to change the outcome"? Honestly so textbook and lack of any experience the way I see it, anyway I've gotten onto Irene lyon she is on you tube and has her site on the net I'm using her techniques and I've ordered " when the body says no by Gabor Mate, as I say I try to help myself as much as I can, I'm feeling positive about Irene Lyons and the techniques are starting to show signed of success, so yay me. Thanks for the chat I really appreciate it 😊.

Hey Geoff hi
I was traumatized by my Dr a bit over a year ago, I have rheumatoid arthritis and the rheumatologist was trying some different meds, as she does for no reason, it adversely affected me with nausea, pulpitations and insane itching, I attended my GP as I was told to cease the medication but the symptoms persisted, the pulpitations caused me to have a panic attack at the GPS so she decides to put the BP cuff on and she proceeds to have a dance n twirl around the office with her hand over her mouth saying " oh no , oh no your having a heart attack, what am I going to do with you", I say no it's a panic attack, she say no way it's far too high, so after a half dozen visits where she blames me for not being able to let go and forcing me to have my BP done every time I changed Drs, I'm still trying to work through it all, I've been unable to work since 2018 and stuck in the house since then for various different issues with my health, but I'm keen to get it all back on track

Hey Geoff hi
Sorry I forgot to answer your question, I bought a BP machine as per new Drs advisement and you hit the nail on the head, the reading is only high due to trauma, lol, yeah one Drs inexperience and now I'm paying for it, I had been quite unwell for two years with the rheumatoid arthritis and dental work needed to remove root canals that were infected for approximately 9 years, (watch, root cause, it will surprise you). Anyhoo, I'm all good to give it my best shot, thanks for the chat, I do appreciate it a lot.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sliksista

I want to welcome you to this supportive forum. Feel free to post and ask questions as often as you want.

Hello Sliksista, I really feel sorry for you when you say you have rheumatoid arthritis, as I know from myself how awful this illness can be and what you must think about others have to say, but it's not something you can avoid.

I know my Mum had bad rheumatoid and unfortunately, I have developed it as well, but for you to try and cope with this, plus the removal of root canal, seems to be an enormous effort to cope with by yourself.

Hope you can keep talking wit us.

Geoff.

Hi Sliksista63

I have to say you sound like a seriously wonderful person, so full of wonder while possessing a brilliant open minded attitude. Googled Irene Lyon and, in my opinion, she also sounds like a brilliant open minded person packed with the kind of wonder that leads a person to incredible progress and down some amazing paths. What a beautiful guide she is for those desperate to heal. I'm so glad you're experiencing some results from her guidance.

Being somewhat of a body/mind/spirit gal myself, I've found this incredible triad that makes up who we are can be a bit of a rabbit hole experience once it begins to be explored. It can go off in so many different directions in seemingly never ending ways. I think the more we explore the more open minded we become. Such is the nature of that rabbit hole. From the incredible intelligence of the human body to the astounding capabilities of the mind and all the way through to the soulful aspect of who we are, how it all ties together can be so revealing. I've found a beautifully written book that offers some insight is 'Becoming Supernatural' by Joe Dispenza. He takes the mind/body/spirit angle and approaches it from the perspective of neuroplasticity/epigenetics/quantum physics. Sounds like a mouthful yet is truly well written for the lay person.

With the spiritual side of things, whether we choose to explore the world of ghostly matters or the areas that relate to the physical (how physical energy naturally behaves under a variety of circumstances) or what really connects us to life or whether our wonder is simply based on a soulful mindset and less about ego, it's all up to the individual. While having faced a number of years in depression earlier in my life, I have to say it's more so the spiritual side of things that's helped me manage to stay out of depression. Couldn't live without it. It's been helpful, especially when facing the threat of returning to depression at times.

It's interesting how in the world of modern medicine or psychology experts will label an issue one way whereas from a natural perspective it's seen differently. Just to be clear, if I showed up in emergency having a heart attack I'd welcome technology (scanning equipment) with open arms and experts who know their job in managing such an emergency. When it comes to a broken heart of a different kind, a soulful approach can help address the long term mental and physical impact that can come with such upset or long term dis-ease.