FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Finding your inner calm

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone,

This thread is about finding your inner calm, its something I've worked on for the past four and a half years.

"One of the best lessons in life is how to master how to remain calm"

Mastering how to remain calm takes inner work but once you can master it your inner would becomes very peaceful.

Its something that needs to be tackled internally, sometimes we 'react' to certain things instead of responding.

We all have the choice of how we will respond to something it just takes practice.

If something is going to cause you to lash out and react in a negative way, before you do this you need ask yourself is it really worth it?

If you can just remain calm in this instance your inner world will thank you for it, our minds tend to race forward with reactions but if you can just allow the mind to do this and "watch it" but let your body and internal self to stay deep seated in "watching" and not responding you will see how your inner calm can start to take place.

We all have a inner breath, learn to follow this breath and use it as an anchor and a grounding tool.

If we can learn to control our breathing everything becomes more calmer and we have more clarity in the moment.

Everything takes practice but if this is something that will eventually bring you more inner peace then its practice well spent.. life is a journey and if we can learn how to master how to remain calm in every situation we win.

Practice and perseverance will always get you over the line.

37 Replies 37

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Finding your inner calm

"My peace is more important than proving my point"

I believe that this quote is very important to finding your inner calm, maybe someone does something negative towards you.

Would you choose to react back to this negative person with the same negativity they gave to you?

Or instead

Would you choose just to remain in your calm place and just walk away and not give it a second thought?

We can learn to stay still from within and just watch these things come and go without being effected by them internally. ( it takes practice)

I came across the below and thought I would add it to this thread because this is also something that will lead you to your inner calm.

I was asked why me and a certain person don't speak anymore. After giving a brief explanation they responded why don't you be the bigger person and reach out and discuss the issue.

People tend to think being the bigger person means speaking on a issue, but don't realize sometimes being the bigger person means moving on from the situation and the person. Stop forcing relationships that are toxic. Stop reaching out just to think you both came to a understanding then the same issues repeats itself. It's okay not to have people you love in your life. Love and peace is a combination and I can love you from a distance peacefully.

We can all learn to tune into our own energy vibration ( it takes practice)….

I try to hold a calm uplifted positive vibration….

Sometimes when we are confronted with some one who holds a more lower negative vibration they can sometimes start to bring our vibration down.

With practice you can remain calm and hold your chosen vibration even when someone confronts you with a lower vibration.

You will be so grounded in your own vibration that you can’t be dragged down to another level……

It all takes practice ❤️🙏

Bob_22
Community Member

Some great points here, thanks Petal. I will be sure to try some of this thoughts out.

I also find when I am confronted by unwanted thoughts or emotions, trying to remind myself that it is temporary and will pass with time (in my experience) helpful as well.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Bob 22,

Thank you for your input 🙂 I hope some of the information helps you.

Yes I agree just reminding ourselves that the thoughts and emotions are just temporary and they will pass in time is something that really helps our ability to try to just let them come and go.

Meditation is something that really contributes to finding your inner calm.

Meditation is something that takes practice.

I like to do a guided meditation for learning to watch my thoughts, I have found by doing this meditation it has taught me that I'm not my thoughts but the watcher of my thoughts.

I found meditation to be one of my saving graces in the fact that it really helped me to become so aware that my mind is something that I'm separate to and I can "observe" what my mind is doing and not get caught up in it, I could watch it.

My mind can bring up all of the negative things but by remaining calm and just observing what my mind is doing I don't need to identify with it, I can just allow it to do it's own thing while I just watch it and remain in my calm place.

Meditation can really teach you to be centered and grounded.

Another easy meditation tip if you ever feel like your mind is going very fast or in an anxious state, try to just redirect your attention to your breathe, follow your breath , use your breath as your anchor. This can also bring you back to your inner calm.

It all takes practice

People pleasing

If you are trying to find your inner calm try not to feel as though you need to 'people please'.

Maybe you just worked a long shift and your feeling tired, your boss asks you if you can work another shift tomorrow because they are short of staff.

In this situation people can feel the need to people please by saying "yes" even though they really don't want to work the shift due to fatigue.

It's ok to say "no" by saying no you are looking after yourself and your inner calm.

Learning to change your perceptions can help you to find your inner calm.

Maybe you could perceive your partner in a certain a way that brings up negative emotion inside yourself.

Your perception could be anger towards this person.( not for any real pacific event its just an emotion that you perceive while in their presence).

If you could learn to challenge and change this perception to something more of love towards them you will find that in time you will begin to obtain your inner calm inside you while you are around them.

Your tone of voice will change when your around them and you will just feel your inner calm. ( it takes practice)

Hey Petal22,

I really like this mentality and I think this is such an important aspect in finding your inner calm. Often, we are curious and can become easily absorbed by gossip and judgement of people we might know or might not know at all. I think by focusing our energy on these often negative experiences, we are depriving ourselves and reinforcing negative patterns not only towards others, but towards ourselves too. I really like the idea of re-training our internal dialogue to be kinder to others because I believe that can contribute positively to our self-belief and dialogue too.

I love this thread and will be coming back to it when I need to be reminded of all of the things I can do to help my find peace within myself!

Hi livi mivi,

Thank you and yes I agree with you.

I’ve learned to always turn my back to gossip because gossip is just false perceptions of people that others hold….. no one really know the person who s being gossiped about except the person themselves.

Kindness to ourselves and others has great benefits especially positive emotions.

😊